Does Capital One's Fraud Department call you too often?

jphripjah

Recycles dryer sheets
I suppose I should be grateful that my credit card compnay is so vigilant against fraud. But they are getting abit ridiculous. They call now whenever I book a flight on a foreign airline or a night in a foreign hotel. I'll tell them in advance that I'm traveling, but they still seem to freak out and call me both at home and on my cell phone if they see any foreign charges.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Nothing recently, but about three or four years ago they called me half a dozen times in one year. The only specific thing I remembered that piqued them were some stuff I had bought online from foreign companies.

I have actually had my credit cards stolen and used, and the credit card company never calls me and I use my card often...... I never buy any foreign tickets or anything, but I was thinking after having a card stolen and used,they would check with me more often?

Many if not all cc companies use predictive/analytic software to flag purchases that are out of the norm for that card holder. Which software they use and how aggressively it's set affects how often the card holder gets called.

I'm not an international traveler at this point so I have not had your experience. But I would be grateful they are monitoring your charges. Answering a few calls here and there can't be that big of a nuisance. Could save you from a lot of pain if your c/c number is ever stolen.

My daughter received her first call from them a couple of weeks ago. It was a valid call. She had over $1000 charged to her card that she didn't make. Those charges ranged from New York City up into Canada. We were very happy for the call.:D

Seems to go in jags. Last year they called me a bunch of times when I used the card multiple times in a day. A few years ago they did the same thing. Not much for the past year, even though I suddenly ran up some five figure balances doing home improvement stuff when I hadnt gone over $3-4k in a month in quite some time.

They never call me and their were times when my spending should have sent off an alert . I took my Mom, Aunt , Daughter & sister on a cruise . I charged everything on my card . They never called . I've bought thousands of dollars of furniture . No call.

I have a couple of business cards with them...never a call...Discover used to call about everything...

Back
Top Bottom