Does money buy happiness? Wisdom from Ah-nold.

Ah, but people each have their own number, and will argue that the amount above that does not buy happiness. Is it sour grape? However, if one has to go below his preset number, witness the market crash in 2008-2009, much misery ensues.

I will be honest and repeat here that even if additional money does not guarantee happiness, I like to keep all options open. More is better than less when it comes to money. It certainly is not worse. Just counting money can make me happy.

Last edited:
Since it's a tongue in cheek thread to begin with, you'll probably find you disagree with most if not all the quotes...

Yes, this was a tongue in cheek comment I heard long ago. Since this thread has morphed into a humorous thread about money quotes, I thought I'd share it.

Sorry if I'm further going off on a tangent, but I seem to remember a quote from a Hitchcock movie (maybe it was Psycho) where one character said something about knowing that money cannot buy happiness, but uses it to "buy off unhappiness" or something like that. Does anyone know more about this quote? Which movie and more context? Thanks.

Jon to Garfield: "People are more important to me than things."
Garfield to Jon: "That's because your things are all lousy."

(Connection to money: More money enables one to have better things).

Amethyst

Retirement is wonderful
If you have two essentials:
Much to live for, and
Much to live on
—Anonymous

Back
Top Bottom