Join Early Retirement Today

Does your office have this guy?
Old 04-26-2008, 01:14 PM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Does your office have this guy?

In honor of the NFL draft and cubicle warriors everywhere

Notmuchlonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-26-2008, 01:31 PM   #2
Gone but not forgotten

Thanks for a good chuckle !
Moemg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 05:30 PM   #3
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Man that guy is a walking (more like sprinting) lawsuit on steroids. Great fantasy though
clifp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 11:49 PM   #4

Wasn't he in the next office before I ER'd?
Old 04-27-2008, 09:16 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

For all of us veterans who've ever had to do a mishap investigation, here's the unofficial Naval Safety Center version:

Co-author (with my daughter) of “Raising Your Money-Savvy Family For Next Generation Financial Independence.”
Author of the book written on E-R.org: "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement."

I don't spend much time here— please send a PM.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 09:14 AM   #6

We HAD somebody like this in our office. To the great relief of the rest of us he was forced to retire when he got his 20 years. The only reason he lasted that long is by a long-ago friendship with a certain politico who got him his job(we speculated that he must have had something on this guy). This person was lazy beyond belief, skipped out whenever he wanted(golf anyone?), meaner than a junk yard dog(spread fantastic lies about people), a braggart, grudgeful... an all around morale downer. He tried to pass himself off as a great former high school varsity football player, but folks who knew him then said he was a second string bench warmer and an accomplished liar even then. Other than being skilled in the mean and lying department, he was incredibly stupid. We had the feeling that he possibly never finished his college degree but somehow got hired anyway with "pull". We went out partying after work the day he left. Without him naturally.
WhoDaresWins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 10:41 AM   #7

Whodares, I think you had the ineffective version of Terry Tate. We have one in our office. Frankly, I don't know what he does all day. Sits around bitching about answering 20 emails from 12 year olds. Yes, that takes unbelievable effort. Gives people crap about things he knows NOTHING about. When pressed to do some real work, gets angry, shirks, or tries to dodge behind people who can really do the work. With only a high school education, he frequently boasts that he is going to be a doctor (MD, not Doctor of Philosophy). He's 40 and hasn't even taken the SAT or even enrolled in college. When he is not boasting about his future medical career, he boasts about how much his girlfriend makes. Yeah, can we say insecure? Oh, yeah, his buddy hired him. If I were the boss, this guy wouldn't even get the shoe-shine boy position.

On the other hand, a real Terry Tate would enforce the rules to make people productive. I could use a guy like him.
BunsGettingFirm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 12:33 PM   #8

You're right, of course BunsGettingFirm, that we had the ineffective version in our office. That football uniform and the confrontational demeanor and the way we were all terrorized just brought back some unwonted memories...
WhoDaresWins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 12:47 PM   #9
Give me a forum ...

I can think of a guy my wife used to work with in California, and I'm sure she'd pay Terry Tate's salary for a day if he'd use the day to body slam him for having the world's worst attitude.
"Hey, for every ten dollars, that's another hour that I have to be in the work place. That's an hour of my life. And my life is a very finite thing. I have only 'x' number of hours left before I'm dead. So how do I want to use these hours of my life? Do I want to use them just spending it on more crap and more stuff, or do I want to start getting a handle on it and using my life more intelligently?" -- Joe Dominguez (1938 - 1997)
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 05:49 PM   #10
Give me a forum ...

Where was Terry when I needed him?
Old 07-03-2009, 05:52 PM   #11
Gone but not forgotten

Send a message via AIM to Khan
Could have used him for the non coffee makers, perfume pourers, always used loudspeaker call mode, think they're secret smokers...
Old 07-03-2009, 06:18 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDaresWins View Post
You're right, of course BunsGettingFirm, that we had the ineffective version in our office. That football uniform and the confrontational demeanor and the way we were all terrorized just brought back some unwonted memories...
Al Bundy from Polk High?

Co-author (with my daughter) of “Raising Your Money-Savvy Family For Next Generation Financial Independence.”
Author of the book written on E-R.org: "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement."

I don't spend much time here— please send a PM.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 07:05 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nords View Post
Al Bundy from Polk High?
Gross generalization to follow, but I find that people who only graduated from high school to be stuck in the high school mentality.
BunsGettingFirm is offline   Reply With Quote