DON'T Change Your Avatar

So that's you in the pool of water ?! :angel:
That's not a pool, it's a lake. And an iPhone. As for your question, well, my kids say the resemblance is striking, so it might be.

BTW, I never decorate my house for Christmas or other holidays. Changing my avatar by far the most frugal and LBYM way to decorate for the holidays or the change of seasons, that I have ever tried. So, I think it is fun to change my avatar for these reasons.

Attachments

• xmas6.jpg
    xmas6.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 241
  • MardiGras7.jpg
    MardiGras7.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 245
  • Thanksgiving2.jpg
    Thanksgiving2.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 241
I have my display set up so it does not show avatars or signatures. Much more tidy.

Had this one for a while, my second fav, but I'll stick with the picture of DW.

iStock_Risk-Reward-Street-Sign.jpg

I'm also too lazy to change my avatar. I have no opinion on whether others should change frequently or not.

Alan - Is that you back in the day? I'm thinking of bringing out an oldie of myself for an avatar for a limited time, its kinda scary

old original avatar of German actress/model Eva Habermann

I recently saw an old movie with Eva Habermann in it and spent almost half an hour thinking I must have seen her in some other movie, but really I was just thinking she looked familiar from seeing W2R's old avatar.

I recently saw an old movie with Eva Habermann in it and spent almost half an hour thinking I must have seen her in some other movie, but really I was just thinking she looked familiar from seeing W2R's old avatar.

A creative director could make a movie of W2R's posts;)

I used a current picture when I joined so now people get to see the original me. Not very creative but I like full disclosure. My latest photo this week is a movie of me in a cast with our condo cat. Too big to post as an avatar. But you can find it on FaceBook.

I am easy to find on the internet. In the 25 years since I have been on www, I have never had a problem. Probably just not worth it. OTOH I have met some e-friends as a result

I have an avi that shows if I look at my profile, but doesn't show in my posts - am I doing it wrong?

This is my avatar for a BBQ forum I visit. Seems like a bear is a great animal to get BBQ advice from. I haven't discovered the best avatar for me on this board. When I do, I'll be sure to keep it the same. I agree with OP, the avatar is kind of a signature. To each his/her own.

Last edited:
Moderators change avatar more frequently than anyone else. :)

I think we all should use self-portraits. :)

Self-portraits? Good idea. I just updated my avatar accordingly.

Well, I at least I tried ... :cool:.

Last edited:
I have an avi that shows if I look at my profile, but doesn't show in my posts - am I doing it wrong?
That's a different picture for some reason. In the green bar across the top, go to User CP then Settings & Options Edit Avatar, and note size & filetype guidance.

I am lemming. I will follow the lead of however you all decide. Please choose wisely.

That's a different picture for some reason. In the green bar across the top, go to User CP then Settings & Options Edit Avatar, and note size & filetype guidance.

Hi, yes I've played with it, a 14k jpg 100x100, still not working. Any tips?
btw, it shows on the page, but then says file failed.

Hi, yes I've played with it, a 14k jpg 100x100, still not working. Any tips?
btw, it shows on the page, but then says file failed.
That should work. I've had it show failed, and then work anyway.

It should change when you browse for a file IMO, but there is a button for "Do Not Use an Avatar" and another for "Use Custom Avatar." Maybe make sure the latter is chosen? Sorry I can't help more.

If that doesn't help, ask W2R. She has the biggest avatar so she must know something we don't. :D

Last edited:
Aerides, there are a couple of options in the UserCP. Are you maybe using "Edit Profile Picture" instead of "Edit Avatar"?
Maybe not, but that was my first guess.

Thanks now I feel silly. Lol, yes I was doing profile pic not avatar!
Fixed, thank you both!

When I originally enrolled in this ER online school many years ago, I gave little consideration to my screen name as well as the avatar that is displayed. I gave about six seconds to think about the name/avatar. I had no idea that I would still be peeking in at this location for so long. Did not know (or care) that they could be altered/changed.

Avatars help us recognize a profile. I also prefer picking a good one and staying with it. Mine has never been changed and I am just plain old me.

I thought this might make a nice avatar and I could update my screen name to WTF at the same time. Nah...

Attachments

• yoga with goats.jpg
    yoga with goats.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 22
Alan - Is that you back in the day? I'm thinking of bringing out an oldie of myself for an avatar for a limited time, its kinda scary

That photo was in my student ID card at university.

Back
Top Bottom