DON'T Change Your Avatar

No avatar here, just a nickname my friends of color gave me which happens to be a close twin to my Germanic last name...it stuck, 25 years later.

So, Midpack, how did that request work out for you? :LOL:

I currently don't have an avatar and am too busy/lazy right now to go hunting for a good one. :facepalm:

Thanks for the explanation behind Michael's avatar, Midpack. This shot really needs to be seen at a large-than-avatar size to be appreciated, and the story definitely helps to that end.

I wonder if Marsel got his phone back?

So, Midpack, how did that request work out for you? :LOL:

I currently don't have an avatar and am too busy/lazy right now to go hunting for a good one. :facepalm:

I think it would be so cool if you found an avatar that you like. Looking forward to it! This was the only image that I found of Queen Meadbh, but I don't know if it is what you had in mind.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    5.1 KB · Views: 172
I doubt I'll change mine because I don't feel like bothering, and I do kind of like consistent avatars, but I find it ironic that the request comes from someone who has changed his in the past, and also has a misleading avatar showing someone of the other gender.

Ha! I changed my avatar once because everyone was doing Xmas avatars. But then I just left it! I'm afraid I can't be bothered.

I thought it was a butterfly.
Now that I'm retired I love to watch the butterflies flutter by.

I doubt I'll change mine because I don't feel like bothering, and I do kind of like consistent avatars, but I find it ironic that the request comes from someone who has changed his in the past, and also has a misleading avatar showing someone of the other gender.
So I take it you're a bear?

It was tongue in cheek. And I haven't changed as often as some do. :blush:

It was tongue in cheek. And I haven't changed as often as some do. :blush:
At first I suspected you were a cross-dresser! Now I am suspicious of a transgender?:LOL:

After this thread, I am convinced there are 2 kinds of posters: Fixed/no avatar and ever changing avatars. And there seems to be no crossings between them.

I'm not a visual person and although I enjoy seeing the avatars, I don't really connect them with the users--it's the user name I know, and I'm not even that good at remembering a lot of who's who by name. So change at will imo--I love the variety of what people come up with, and that's why I like to change mine occasionally too.

For a very long time after I joined this forum, I thought Midpack and W2R were stunning young women. The power of avatars is such that I still think of them as stunning young women.
It is delightfully confusing when someone's name or avatar suggests a woman and then you find out the poster is a man, or vice versa.
I think I'll get me an avatar...

Hankster - Sporting the same silly avatar since 2008

At first I suspected you were a cross-dresser! Now I am suspicious of a transgender?:LOL:
For a very long time after I joined this forum, I thought Midpack and W2R were stunning young women. The power of avatars is such that I still think of them as stunning young women.
It could all be true.

I now have an avatar! Kind of boring, but my favorite two simple pleasures: coffee and a good book or two.
(On the other hand, I think it may look like a "dream of genie" apparition arising from a stack of books. Oh well, first try)

I have a standard roster of avatars and rotate through them. Now my avatar matches my name, so you won't get confused (at least until I change again).

I changed my avatar this week! Of course, since I didn't have an avatar on this forum at all before this, it's probably not going to cause anyone major confusion...

It could all be true.
:ROFLMAO:
Marita, thank you! Love your new avatar, too. :)

In reality, you might be stunned if you saw me, that's for sure. I'm a 68 year old woman, very tall with ice blue eyes, pale skin, and big bone structure. The latter is probably due to my Scottish ancestry; they're the ones that think it is great fun to toss big poles sort of like telephone poles around just for a lark, I understand. Anyway, unfortunately I am also very obese, despite herculean efforts, plus I have white hair and definitely look my age. I get people's attention when I walk in a room, but not for the same reasons that Eva Habermann might. :ROFLMAO: She was the actress/model of my old avatar.

Attachments

• EvaHabberman120x120.jpg
    EvaHabberman120x120.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Can't seem to find a good enough reason to change my avatar. Besides doing it might resemble w*rk.

You're welcome - see all the new and first time avatars this thread has produced! :D

It could all be true.

"You've got your mother in a whirl
She's not sure if you're a boy or a girl"

David Bowie, Rebel Rebel

I changed my avatar again. Next time it will be a picture of some vegs or fruits from my garden.

I chose my silver moon just because I think it's lovely. No plans to change it.

This thread got me to thinking. I haven't had an avatar, just too lazy to make one I suppose. Decided to be bold and quit hiding behind the annonymity of the internet ... so I just used a recent photo after I got my hair done.

Back
Top Bottom