ER Market Tracker

street

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Early Retirement doesn't have a place on it's site that tracks the stock market on a daily bases does it? If not it might be not easy to do either. Just asking it might be right in front of me and I have missed it.

Thanks

Early Retirement doesn't have a place on it's site that tracks the stock market on a daily bases does it? If not it might be not easy to do either. Just asking it might be right in front of me and I have missed it.

There are dozens (hundreds?) of sites that track the stock market on a daily basis. I use MarketWatch.com.

Thanks I was wondering if any (tracking) on this site ER for a one stop shopping site. I hadn't seen anything but was just wondering if I have over looked the tracker here.

Thanks

I think the general mindset of this site would suggest that tracking the market on a daily basis serves no purpose as it is supposed to be a long term investment strategy. So adding this feature to the site would probably go against the collective wisdom of the group.

^ thanks and I actually agree when I think about it.

I think the general mindset of this site would suggest that tracking the market on a daily basis serves no purpose as it is supposed to be a long term investment strategy. So adding this feature to the site would probably go against the collective wisdom of the group.

This is true in general but while I'm a "very long term holder" I check my progress every day.

In my case, I find that it helps me keep in touch with the market's moves. I wonder if without that connection, the recent swings may have had me panicked or overly exuberant. A daily check gives me a 'seen this before' mindset that I might not have otherwise. Certainly helped in late '08. YMMV

Not claiming to be a market expert but at this point, I can tell almost within a few hundred bucks each day how much my portfolio has gained/ lost just by looking at the S&P close.

Spreadsheets are very addictive as you can tell by my justification.

Last edited:
The point was one stop shopping. Come here and not have to go anywhere else.

I understand there are 100's of sites to track.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom