Fall in nyc

mathjak107

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
today is finally our day for peak fall colors. thats one of the nice things about being in a colder climate, all though i hate raking this crap up afterwards.
soooooo for those of you with nothing to rake heres a few shots.
these are mine, ill post marilyns after.
698397510_bydfs-L.jpg

698398288_LHQQH-L.jpg

698399607_pBDca-L.jpg

698399091_Bo6BZ-L.jpg

698395261_Wkp8i-L.jpg

698391398_MX7Zx-L.jpg

698393222_94fMR-L.jpg

698394191_68Jx6-L.jpg

Wow! Those are beautiful pictures. You are a great photographer. Thanks for posting them.

The trees here in north Texas are just beginning to change. Of course, they start changing and the leaves are gone in a flash. We don't ever see such vivid color.

Beautiful! Is this the same park in Bayside that you showed in an earlier thread? I don't recall this park but our tenancy there is ancient history. We lived in an apartment near the Throg's Neck Bridge and Ft. Totten.

this is a different park right off northern and the cross island. its called oakland lake.. its a 15,000 year old glacial spring.

you must have lived right near us, we are right across from the bay terrace shopping center in an apartment

Ah, yes, I remember the Bay Terrace Shopping center. I used to do my grocery shopping there. Also frequented the deli and the bakery a lot. My son teethed on those bagels, and I gained a huge amount of weight when I was expecting him on the cherry cheese strudel at that bakery. I used to go the library up on the corner with the playground in back. We rented an apartment in the Bay Club for one year, then moved to another rented apartment in Baybridge when our rent was raised.

we are right on the block with the library in an apartment building. bakery is long gone. most stores have changed a few times. the rents are killing everyone in the shopping center.
the bay club still has a reputation as the swankiest place in town.

What?!! The bakery isn't there anymore? And I was just getting ready to sue them for all that weight gain while I was enceinte....just joking(see the concurrent thread on the jury system). I am surprised that the Bay Club hasn't been surpassed by some other high rise by now. After we left Queens we moved to Nassau Co....Syossett, for a few years. I think of the area very fondly. I remember seeing E.T. at the movie theater in downtown Bayside. Have close friends who lived in Flushing at the same time that we lived in the area, they are now retired to Sarasota...our kids were babies together. Eons ago. I think that deli was a Hebrew National deli if I remember correctly. I used to get chopped liver take out for myself at least once a week.

actually bens deli and marilyn and i went there tonight.

Great photos! Thanks for sharing.

Very beautiful.

Thank you for sharing!

Back
Top Bottom