Father's Day

Yes, I am hosting a BBQ later today for my family along with some of my relatives.

Happy Father's Day! One of the most important and responsible undertakings in life...parenthood. I think about my own father every day. He was a great guy.

I'm going to call my daddy in a bit. I have to time it just right as he takes a lot of naps. :)

....and Happy Father's Day to the rest of the daddies! :flowers:

We had a great Fathers's Day around here. We had all three kids and our new granddaughter. She is seven months old now. Although she was adopted. we are all marveliing at how much she looks like her adopted Dad on his first Father's Day! He just beamed! No child could be loved more. I laughed and said I can't wait until she starts walking and talking and looking more like her Mom! We all felt so blessed this year!

Happy Father's Day to all out there!

I had a wonderful day, both my sons and their families, my ex, one son's MIL, and my granddaughter who is almost 2 now.

I am very happy that I get to see them often, and I have a laughing, clowning relationship with my granddaughter Chloe, who is about the biggest clown I have ever known.

She calls me bumpa, which may be a comment on my work history. :)

Happy Father's Day to all you other Dads, and hugs and kisses to the brave women who had the courage to have our children.

Ha

Happy Father's Day to all the fathers here.

I just got home from spending the day with my dad, we had a good day!!

ronin said:
Wondering what special something to get for dad this year?

fathers-day-gifts

Holy *... bumping this old thread with everyone saying happy father's day made me think I totally missed making the call this morning. It's not til tomorrow. Phew. :D

I'm going to call my daddy in a bit. I have to time it just right as he takes a lot of naps. :)
....and Happy Father's Day to the rest of the daddies! :flowers:
I had a really hard time finding a good card this year. Too many of them talk about getting out and tearing up the town or relaxing in the hammock and doing nothing...

I had a really hard time finding a good card this year. Too many of them talk about getting out and tearing up the town or relaxing in the hammock and doing nothing...
Yep...it can be a pain.

A few years ago when we bought our computer, we got a free Hallmark Card Studio cd. I've been making my own cards since. I can use my own words, their art gallery or upload a pic. Works pretty well...and it saves me a buck or two or three..

We took flowers to the cemetery. Wife shed a few tears.

I had a wonderful day, both my sons and their families, my ex, one son's MIL, and my granddaughter who is almost 2 now.

I am very happy that I get to see them often, and I have a laughing, clowning relationship with my granddaughter Chloe, who is about the biggest clown I have ever known.

She calls me bumpa, which may be a comment on my work history. :)

Happy Father's Day to all you other Dads, and hugs and kisses to the brave women who had the courage to have our children.

Ha

Awww, your granddaughter calls you "bumpa". That's just too sweet! I wonder if this is what she has in mind.

In honor of Father's Day, a picture of my dad.

Last edited:
My son got us tickets to go see the Strikeforce Heavy Weight Grand Prix tonight in Dallas. This will be the fist MMA fight I have attended in person. Overeem vs Werdum and several other good fights on the card. I have always loved boxing, but have grown very fond of MMA. I can't wait:dance:

Happy Father's Day to all you Dads. I wish all you guys a happy and relaxed day filled with family love and respect. My dad has been gone for 11 years now but I think of him every day and am grateful for his sacrifice to assure my life was less painful than his and that my opportunities in life were more plentiful than his generation.

Happy Father's Day!

I went out to dinner with a cousin last night, and she and I spent a good deal of the time reminiscing about our growing up years. We talked about the fact that we both had great Dads and how much of a positive impact this had on us growing into the women that we eventually became. My father has been gone for 29 years now and not a day goes by that I do not at some point think of him with a smile. He was one of those people about whom it could be said that he never met a stranger. My mother was just the opposite but somehow it all worked out for our little family.

Happy Fathers Day to all you fathers out there. Another significant day for me as this would have been my mothers 100 birthday.

Back
Top Bottom