Favorite Beatles song

Within You Without You
Paperback Writer
Etc...

Number 9, number 9, number 9...

That's an impossible question, but if I had to choose I'd probably go with Here Comes the Sun too (or Revolution, Twist and Shout not written by the Beatles, All You Need is Love, Nowhere Man, Rocky Raccoon, Come Together, ...).

Lennon penned more of my favorites by far than McCartney.

The Beatles are still my favorite band of all time, but I could start a thread on what's your least favorite Beatles song - I don't care if I ever hear Hey Jude or Yesterday again. Two of many (not just Beatles) truly great songs that just got overplayed...

Last edited:
I could never choose a favorite Beatles' song--so many great ones have been mentioned here--but I would pick Hey Jude as my least favorite from the first time I heard it, for no good reason.

Here Comes the Sun, played while enjoying a Shiner, for REW's benefit.
It happens that this is what is playing on my Pandora Radio right now!

There is a "The Beatles Radio" on Pandora. I usually use the "Shuffle" feature with other radio channels on Pandora like:

2dkk8k5.jpg

OK some people might not like Baez's politics but she had a great voice.

There are so many great Beatles tunes that I can't pick one.

The opening guitar lick in Something in the Way She Moves is great.

Here Comes the Sun, played while enjoying a Shiner, for REW's benefit.

Another vote for "Here Comes the Sun". I'm not really a huge Beatles fan, though they have tons of 'lovely tunes'. Lots of great ones to pick from. But there's just something special that connects with that song on the first warm day of Spring.

Now, onto the least favorite thread...

-ERD50

Abby Road Medley (songs 3-7), side 2.

MRG

Hide Your Love Away and Eleanor Rigby

Otherwise I love Dig a Pony and Across the Universe from Let it Be.

My 2nd favorite Beatles song is everything but 'in my life'

Only related because someone mentioned DSOM, there is a really good documentary about that Pink Floyd album (on Netflix).

Back to the Beatles, I could be persuaded to change my fave to the closing medley on Abbey Road.

Nothing existed before the Beatles...

target.....I agree, nothing did exist before the Beatles......as to trying to answer the question, for me, impossible.....love them all, I grew up with them......I even saw them at the Hollywood Bowl (Couldn't hear anything except a little bit of talking between the songs.....

The Beatles would disagree, as they and the Stones and other British bands were heavily influenced by 50s American rock, and old blues.

Back
Top Bottom