The Beatles Final Song

Yeah, George was right about the song itself.
Speaking of George, and as a little aside, here's a new video about George's solo visit to the United States in Sept. 1963 to visit his sister in Illinois -- just a few months before The Beatles appeared on The Ed Sullivan Show and exploded in popularity. I learned a lot of new stuff from this video and found it fascinating.

Speaking of Pete Best... What nobody is? :)

Seriously, Pete supplied a few of those early pictures in the video that are new to most of us. That's kind of cool that he was even a tiny part of the project.

I know little about the guy except a drummer I know says he is terrible. But drummers are interesting people...

I got my first Beatles single "I Want to Hold Your Hand" when I was 8 years old. Played it on my toy like singles record player. ....
My older sister had one of those. Hers was a "Close and Play" and, yes, it was "I wanna hold your hand'

Remember this was a demo tape, literally done on a cassette recorder in the 1970's. Even the lyrics weren't finished. They cut out a pre-chorus part that was clearly to Yoko, but that had whole lines that John just hummed as he hadn't worked out the words. By removing that section, they could make the listener think more of nostalgia for times gone by, friends that came and went and the band itself.

The best part of the song was the video. I thought the shots of modern Paul and Ringo playing with the 1960's band were great. Then at the very end, there is the bow from the Ed Sullivan show. Nice way to sign off and say goodbye!

I enjoyed almost everything the Beatles recorded but this new recording left me flat. I thought it was a bit tedious and slow.

Cheers!

Speaking of Pete Best... What nobody is? :)

Seriously, Pete supplied a few of those early pictures in the video that are new to most of us. That's kind of cool that he was even a tiny part of the project.

I know little about the guy except a drummer I know says he is terrible. But drummers are interesting people...
Pete Best appeared a little record shop in NJ a few years ago. So he's still out there, thanks to his brief stint with The Beatles.

Back
Top Bottom