Favorite Movie Theme Music

I saw pictures of a young Jennifer O'Neill, was there music?

My favorites recently are all in Love Actually--the Portugese Love Theme and the Glasgow Love Theme, in particular, but there are lots of songs and musicians threading through the film from the Beach Boys to Kelly Clarkson.

Last edited:
I
Hope your rain clears up. (Note the tie in to the scene in the movie opening credits.:cool:)
Nice tie-in and a great theme song for one of my favorite movies ("Knock it off with them negative waves!").

We got three inches this AM and that brings our total over the past three days to 6 inches. Some serious flash floods in the area as a place just south of here got 13 inches yesterday and more today. Sure makes me glad I built on a hill...

Ahh, makes me want to light up a Marlboro! (You beat me to the draw on that suggestion):cool:

Just listened to it all the way through. I have it on a Telarc CD -- Erich Kunzel and the Cincinnati Pops named Round-Up.

Have quite a bit of music. Like to do my listening when alone in the house, no heat or air running, sitting on the floor about 10 feet from the speakers with my ears just below the elevation of the tweeters. Don't listen much but when I do I concentrate on it.

I've posted this before for another reason. Still consider this the definitive movie theme music.
Ah, I was just about to post this one. Classic.

The local cable channel (TCM?) is having a Clint Eastwood movie festival this month & next. I'm trying to explain the concept of "spaghetti Western" to a very skeptical teen who can't believe that Clint was ever younger than about 130 years...

I have two favorites of all time and have posted these before on another thread. The first is "The John Dunbar Theme" from Dances With Wolves and the second is "Unchained Melody", the theme song from Ghost. The latest version I heard is just great and it's by the great tenor voices Il Divo. If you haven't heard this, check it out.

She thinks my tractor's sexy:

Sexy Tractor.JPG

YouTube - Kenny Chesney- She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy

John Barry's soundtrack for Out of Africa. I still have the LP.
Remember the scene where they played a Victrola for a monkey? Like the monkey, it was the first time I had heard Mozart's Clarinet Concerto. I had to watch the closing credits to find out what it was so that I could go buy it. It remains one of my "desert island" pieces.
This is the best version I could find on YouTube. There are a lot of bad performances of this out there.
YouTube - W.A. Mozart Concert for clarinet, 2.nd mov
If you are going to buy one, check of the Neville Marriner version with Karl Leister.

How could we leave out the theme for 2001?

Great one! I'll never forget seeing that movie for the first time. My mom and I went together to see it shortly after it opened. It was fantastic and it still blows me away to this day.

Back
Top Bottom