Firesign Theatre

yakers

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Anyone remember them? I missed them last week, was out of town. I wonder if they would be entertaining now or more a case of nostalgia after 43 years.

Pasadena Weekly - Fired up again

Would an altered state of consciousness be required?

I have several of their albums and have seen them live. Your link suggests they would be contemporary. I'd go see them whether at the same ol' place or the ol' same place.

I have most of their albums and also saw them in about 1971. I would love to see them again.

Shoes for industry. Ersatz Brothers Coffee. Grab your entrenching tools.

Betty Jo Bialowski! I hadn't heard that name since college. Everyone knew her as Nancy. Then it all came rushing back to me like the hot kiss at the end of a wet fist.

I may have to download some Nick Danger.

"Why, that's a bag of Sh*t." Loved them in the 70s. Saw them in DC in the 90s. Would head right over if they come here again.

I thought I'd be the only one who still quotes them in real life. Guess not!

I loved the Nick Danger one. DH and I and our friends in high school could recite entire albums. Great stuff.

Funny that this came up. When I was camping a couple of weeks ago I had Waiting for the Electrician and Don't Crush That Dwarf on my iPod. One night everybody went to bed pretty early (old folks camping) and I, having had the oportunity to research recent West Coast medical developments, listened to them both in a row sitting around the campfire. I'm here to tell you, folks, that given the right frame of mind, they are just as fun to listen to as ever.

Harley (or as I am known pn some other forums and blogs, Rod Flash)

No one can hear us now we're in the library.
What?
No one can hear us.
What?
Or, I sat in my chair reading my name on the door: regnad kcin.

Put the horse in the wagon, it's all down hill from here.

Love that old comedy, there was wit to it. Most current comedy is way too obvious. Another of my favorites was "The Goon Show". I grew up only 90 miles from Winnipeg and CBC radio broadcast it every Sunday night. Those shows were old in the early 60s when I heard them but were still great.

My favorite is Ralphs Spoil sport motors and Nick Danger. Every car should have climate control with tropical paradise.

Back
Top Bottom