Fishing - It Keeps me going until I RE

tomz

Recycles dryer sheets
I know a few of you fish. When I'm retired (in 6 months), I plan to do a lot more of it. Living in upstate NY, you are limited to about 6-7 months of the year (unless you ice fish :eek:) This time of year is prime time. Yesterday was a bit cool- the high was around 70. Sunny - all in all a great day. After w***, I went fly fishing on a local creek. When I got to the stream, I could see trout rising everywhere. There were caddis and mayfiles coming off and in the air. I had a size 14 parachute light cahill that was pretty close in size to the sulphurs that are always around this time of year. The trout loved it. In less than 2 hours, I caught 8 browns - 6 little stocked fish and 2 16 inch, beautifully colored holdovers. I lost 2 more big ones because I tried to horse them in. I had a great time. I'm going again tonight. For a fly fisherman, this is about as good as it gets.

If you're a fly fisherman, you know what I'm talking about.;) W*** isn't much fun right now. I guess that's obvious since I'm typing this at w***. :-\ It's days like this that keep me going until I RE at the end of the year.

Even though I don't get to go as often as I like - Trout fishing is one of my favorite stress busting activities. I live near a trout stream that is stocked mostly with rainbows. Put on some waders and it's a great way to stay cool on the 90 degree days such as we are having this week.

It'll keep you going AFTER FIRE'd too!

I'm just starting to explore fly fishing. I went once in Montana and recently in South Carolina while on vacation. This summer I am stopping in for 2 days on Henry's Lake, Idaho for some flying, along with Glacier NP and Yellowstone. I love the pace of it and the scenery.

I also like to head out to the gulf stream from Cape Hatteras, NC. I went in May where we caught Tuna and Mahi. Going out there again in 2 weeks.

Can't wait. Life is good. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom