Flat Top Grill for Outdoor Kitchen

HadEnuff

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I'm thinking about a 24" or 36" outdoor propane flat top grill for the outdoor kitchen.

Who out there has one. Any recommendations on brand?

This will be on a sturdy bench, not stand-alone.

Thanks.

My solution was pretty low tech /low cost. A Lodge cast iron griddle that rests on my gas gill grates. Gets the job done and I don't surrender deck space to another widget. By design, it has hot spots and not so hot spots. Great for different cooking needs. The grill warming racks add another dimension of versatility. YMMV!

My solution was pretty low tech /low cost. A Lodge cast iron griddle that rests on my gas gill grates. Gets the job done and I don't surrender deck space to another widget. By design, it has hot spots and not so hot spots. Great for different cooking needs. The grill warming racks add another dimension of versatility. YMMV!

actually that is what I have been using. Drawbacks that I encounter are that it takes away grill space, and fat from meats (bacon and hamburger for example) has no receptacle for collection.

^^
Understand. I'm usually just cooking breakfast for 3 people. A few paper towels suffice for me. Also, my grill is akin to a small locomotive: side burner - gas grill - charcoal grill - offset fire box. So the grill top griddle is a need.

Last edited:
I have a Coleman cast iron griddle that has a grease trap at one end from our camping days that I now use on the grill... in fact I cooked bacon, toast and eggs on it just the other day.

If we had an outside griddle, we really wouldn't use it. It's just something else to have to clean up.

Us Southerners are barbeque cooks, and we cook out on the grill just about every night, all year long. Half of our deck is covered which allows us to cook even in driving rainstorms like last night.

What we do use a lot is the air fryer. And when we camp, we cook outside on an electric skillet--along with a small air fryer in our camper.

I'm thinking about a 24" or 36" outdoor propane flat top grill for the outdoor kitchen.

Who out there has one. Any recommendations on brand?

Blackstone.
Really great. I have one and I know at least a dozen others who rave about them.
Several sizes, from portable tabletop to standalone.

Blackstone.
Really great. I have one and I know at least a dozen others who rave about them.
Several sizes, from portable tabletop to standalone.

This. I don't have one, but I'm seemingly the only RV owner in America that doesn't. ;) Seriously, they get rave reviews on the various RV forums.

.... And when we camp, we cook outside on an electric skillet--along with a small air fryer in our camper.

So you call cooking outside on an electric skillet camping? :D

We call camping cooking on a wood fire.

Get the Blackstone and get one size bigger than you think you want. You'll thank me later.

Blackstone is great. Camp Chef has one for their stoves as well that is removable so you can use the burners for other things. 37" covers two burners.

If we had an outside griddle, we really wouldn't use it. It's just something else to have to clean up.

Us Southerners are barbeque cooks, and we cook out on the grill just about every night, all year long. Half of our deck is covered which allows us to cook even in driving rainstorms like last night.

What we do use a lot is the air fryer. And when we camp, we cook outside on an electric skillet--along with a small air fryer in our camper.

Down here in florida we grill and smoke pretty much 24/7/365. Our deck has quite a large area covering our cooking gear as well. I do most of my smoking on my BGE but I like to do Pizzas on it as well. I do have a nice 4 burner weber gas grill when needed along with a weber 22" kettle. I have a three burner camp chef stove that I use for shrimp boils and frying turkery,wings and things. I love the 37"griddle accessory when doing breakfast and Chinese along with other cooks. Come Football season things can get busy but my son likes to cook as well. We normally have 10-15 people watching the games outside at the bar top. We have a 60" TV outside so we can join in the fun while still manning the cooking equipment through out the game. Food, Fun, Family, Friends and Football.

Back
Top Bottom