Flowbee

So "a wash, cut, and style and set" is the reason "I still have a full head of thick hair." :LOL:

I think it's the deep scalp massage I get when she washes my hair. It promotes better blood circulation to the scalp and it feels good too.

$15 (including tip) every other month for me.

Since I'm not sure I'd trust DW to shave my neck/above the ear/etc. with a straight razor...

I picked one up last fall from flowbee.com when the franchise cuttery stopped giving veteran's discount.

Sub Total: $ 79.95
Shipping Total: 5 lbs. (Standard UPS Contiguous US) $ 17.23
Grand Total: $ 97.18 PAID

I tend to get a haircut about once a month...$20 all in w/ tip. Not too long ago, I thought about "ALL THE MONEY!" I was spending on these haircuts and decided to get a Flowbee. Well, it was an absolute failure...I had a huge q-tip head of hair after I was done and had to wear a hat for two weeks.

So now, I don't mind spending the $20 a month on a good haircut. It's as much a social visit w/ the local barber (that my Dad and I have been going to for 40+ years).

I am envious of the amounts I see men pay here for their hair care. But I admit my salon visits now take 90 minutes every 5 weeks.

When we lived in Japan, the second time, which was when I was older and wiser, I went to the place I’d gone to when we’d lived there earlier. In the earlier sojourn, I was in my 20s and still had hair. It cost $25 or so for a haircut, incl a shave and a neck massage and was par for the course anywhere. Second time around, it was closer to $35, and I was pretty bald by then, well, not pretty, just bald, but had enough to cut. I went home and told my wife that she was now my barber. On my first business trip back to the US, I went to WalMart and bought a clipper for $18. I had her cut my hair every 3 weeks on average, and today we are over $8000 richer because of it. I mean, c’mon, how hard is it to cut a bald guy’s noggin? These days, I just shave it. DW likes it shaved and tells me I look like Bruce Willis. Win-Win, I think.

I started cutting DH's hair about a year ago with clippers. I was really nervous at first, but hubby was very carefree about it. We have it down to a science now! He loves it because he doesn't have to make time to run out and get it cut. And of course it saves us $$.

I also have him cut mine - it's a simple straight cut across the back. I do still have an expensive salon bill, though. I get blonde highlights every 6 weeks and there is no way I can do those on my own without looking like an orange skunk. My stylist earns her $$! I tried to give up the highlights, but I really don't like my hair without them. Maintaining a nice blonde color is expensive, but one of my few regular splurges.

I have used the 4 haircuts a year model for about 40 years now. I try to align with the official season change as close as possible to avoid having to remember when I last got a haircut. I only go to real barbers not stylists. Current cost $12, I usually toss in $3 tip since he has to work so hard (good hair yet at 70) and I like the conversation. I can deal with that.

LOL

i am aging and male ,

my hair has already chosen suicide , but i am still working on teaching them how to synchronize

I pay $18 plus $4 tip about every five weeks. At least I get to go when I’m pretty sure there’s no wait.

I gave up my LBS (Local Barber Shop) when the cut was $12 and the barber didn't have change for a $20. In the afternoon! I usually tipped to $15, I went out and bought some clippers the next day. Mrs does my #1 in the Winter & a 0 in the summer. On the patio or yard if nice. In the garage if cold

Last year i did go to a barber for an extra nice cut. I think it was my FIL funeral. While there I got a straight razor shave. That was the bomb. I loved it. I've been back a few times for a cut & shave. Almost have my punch card full.

Back
Top Bottom