Found a Bunch of Money in a Suitcase!

JustMeUC

Recycles dryer sheets
My parents are moving and I was cleaning out some of my stuff from their house when I opened up on of my old suitcases and found a bunch of stuff from a Middle East trip I took in '93. In a shoebox was a little over 100,000 Iraqi Dinars in large denominations!! I couldn't get to XE quickly enough... LOL I do remember at one time the Iraqi Dinar was about even with the dollar.... but alas, It is currently worth $86.00 :uglystupid:oh well.......

I do remember buying it I think, I was getting it to give to people back home as souvenirs. Must have forgotten to give it out!

After my Mom died, we found more than $2,000 in cash that she had hidden in various handbags, coat pockets, envelopes in drawers, etc. (As a depression-era baby, she had some mistrust in banks...although she did keep the bulk of her savings there.)

After my Mom died, we found more than $2,000 in cash that she had hidden in various handbags, coat pockets, envelopes in drawers, etc. (As a depression-era baby, she had some mistrust in banks...although she did keep the bulk of her savings there.)

$About 5000 - after my Father died in 89 - got out of high school during the Depression.

heh heh heh

P.S. My neighbors daughter around the corner in the 50's found a Prince Albert tobacco tin while weeding the garden - two $20 gold pieces. Becky should have kept silent - her Dad took them when she blabbed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom