Four Tendencies Quiz

I got as far as question #1 - 'my' option wasn't offered - i.e. I don't make resolutions at New Year's or any other time; if I'm going to do something I do it.....no 'starting next week' or the like.

(Stopped smoking 40+ years ago, no resolutions, just tossed the cigarettes & lighter into the wastebasket by my desk. C'est tout.)

I got as far as question #1 - 'my' option wasn't offered - i.e. I don't make resolutions at New Year's or any other time; if I'm going to do something I do it.....no 'starting next week' or the like.

(Stopped smoking 40+ years ago, no resolutions, just tossed the cigarettes & lighter into the wastebasket by my desk. C'est tout.)

Ha! Ha! You skipped the Instructions which explicitly covers your case. :)

Asks for your email address. No spanks.

I wish it had said at the beginning that I'd have to put in my email to get the results...sigh...

Ha! Ha! You skipped the Instructions which explicitly covers your case. :)

Does that make me a "Let's Get To The Freakin'-pointer?" :LOL:

My "tendency" was to be PO'd to be asked for my email address after taking their stupid quiz, but before providing the results! :mad:

Geeez, after answering these Q's stating that I question things, it labeled me a "Questioner". Brilliant! :facepalm:

-ERD50

Rebel here and no surprise...could see that coming with the first question. Perhaps 22 years in the military and answering to others had an effect.

As far as providing email...you don't have to use a real one. ABC@mail.com or anything else will work...

Asks for your email address. No spanks.

I wish it had said at the beginning that I'd have to put in my email to get the results...sigh...

Agree. It would have been nice for that to have been mentioned in the OP before I wasted my time with the quiz. :mad: For some questions, none of the options fit me, so I doubt the results would have been meaningful anyway.

My "tendency" was to be PO'd to be asked for my email address after taking their stupid quiz, but before providing the results! :mad:

Geeez, after answering these Q's stating that I question things, it labeled me a "Questioner". Brilliant! :facepalm:

-ERD50

It seemed to me that you would have to provide an email...the website is trying to sell a book...so. No real email needed...your "answer" is provided on the next page.

Rebel.

I made a fake address @aol.com and it worked fine.

I used a junk email address I've had for years and check only 3 or 4 times a year just to empty out the contents. Or maybe I check it once every 3 or 4 years....?

I thought the results would be emailed, so I didn't know that using a fake email was an option. After going through it once, with so many options not really applicable, I'll still pass.

The fake email works just fine, I picked Mork@mindy.com.

Perhaps not coincidentally, it says I'm a questioner.

So what does it mean to be an Questioner

Questioners question all expectations, and they respond to an expectation only if they conclude that it makes sense—in essence, they meet only inner expectations. They’re motivated by reason, logic, and fairness. They wake up and think, “What needs to get done today, and why?”
They decide for themselves whether a course of action is a good idea, and they resist doing anything that seems to lack purpose.
Because Questioners want to make well-considered decisions and come to their own conclusions, they tend to be intellectually engaged, and they’re often willing to do exhaustive research.
If they decide there’s sufficient basis for an expectation, they’ll follow it; they won’t follow it if they think it’s arbitrary, inefficient, or ineffective. They tend to take direction only from people they respect.
When making a request of a Questioner, be sure to include plenty of justification. “We need to get the car inspected by the end of next week. Otherwise we could get hit with a big fine or risk a breakdown during our upcoming road trip.” Arguments such as “Everyone has to do this,” “You said you’d do this,” or “Because I say so,” or “I’m the doctor” aren’t compelling to a Questioner.
At times, people may feel overwhelmed by a Questioner’s relentless appetite for information and justification. Their constant questioning may be perceived by others as disrespectful, defiant, undermining, or showing a lack of “team spirit.” Skillful Questioners learn to ask questions in a way that seems constructive.
Questioners sometimes suffer “analysis-paralysis” when they find it difficult to make a decision or move forward because they keep wanting more and more information. They can manage analysis-paralysis with strategies such as setting deadlines, establishing limits, or consulting trusted authorities.
Ironically, many Questioners dislike being questioned. They consider their actions carefully, so they find it tiresome to explain or to be asked to justify their decisions
Once Questioners believe that a particular habit is worthwhile, they’ll stick to it—but only if they’re satisfied about the habit’s usefulness.

Attempts to collect your email and/or mobile number are growing. Almost always I decline once I think “does this offer/service really have enough value?”.

For everyone annoyed about the email thing (and I never give mine out either), as Walt notes upthread, you can put in anything you like.

Vince @ email.com would work.

I used bogus@emailer.com...

My answer was questioner. Just like Meyers Briggs I really felt some of the questions didn't provide adequate options. In general I'm a rule follower - which would imply upholder.... but most of the questions had to do with motivation, or demotivation... and I don't let others impose stupid expectations on me. Unless there is a law or rule - because I am motivated by avoiding consequences. (Like speeding tickets.)

It's all about selling a book of psycho babble.

Back
Top Bottom