Gentlemen's Clubs

Well, like I always say "Ya seen one, ya seen 'em both." But seriously, many years back I was taking a few day's scenic drive through Ontario. Returning to the US mid Sunday morning, I stopped at the border to visit the duty free shop. There was a money exchange there and I noticed a moderately attractive young woman at an exchange window. She had stacks of $CAN 5's and 10's in both hands. Best WAG, it was one to three grand (ca 1990). I asked one of the tellers what was going on. I was surprised that they would hazard a guess, but they did. They suggested she might be one of several (female) American students putting herself through school by working at one of Canada's many upscale Gentlemen's clubs. Naively, I asked how she could go to school and work all week. The guy chuckled and suggested she probably came over Friday night and Saturday.

Looking back with an ER perspective, it would seem some of us could have retired much earlier via such a route. Maybe just forget school, work hard for a few years, save the money and then watch the dividend checks roll in. But, sigh, I was born too early and with all the wrong equipment. YMMV

My only visit to Ontario was just across the border near Niagara Falls. A friend & I took a jet boat ride on the Niagara River, on the Canadian side. On the way down/up the river, with maybe 20 other people on the boat, we came across 3 naked women sunbathing on some big rocks, right by the river. There was lots of whooping & hollering on the boat, and the boat captain made a couple of u-turns so we could pass them a few extra times for a better surveillance of the natural beauty of the area. The sunbathing ladies paid little to no attention to the attention they were getting from gawkers on the boat...myself not included, of course!:angel:

Interesting. Being a techie, I find it impossible to watch SciFi. Most of the props and he way things are arranged to work elicits and immediate "bulls*it" and a comment that "it" does not work that way.

:ROFLMAO: I love to watch them partly for that (along with having an amateur interest in the technicals of movie-making magic). So they throw conservation of mass (among other physical laws) out the window... it's still fun watching the Hulk smash. :D YMMV.

Tyro

Last edited:
I recall some Sci Fi movie DW was watching recently, they showed an old DuMont oscilloscope running several Lissajous patterns in random order as a lie detector. Hmm....

This is a true story. In my single days, I met a woman at church. We ended up going out on a date. After dinner, we went to a nice bar nearby. About an hour later, she asks if I would take her to a local "gentlemen's club". I just about fell out of my chair. I decided what the heck, and went along with it.

We go there, and she knows ALL the dancers, and introduces me to them. A little while later we are alone and I ask how she knows this place and all the girls. She tells me she used to dance, but now has turned over a new leaf and is a born-again Christian, but still is friends with the girls there.

It did not last, but we dated for about 6 months. I just could not get my mind around a scenario like that. She ran a bible study at our church so I did believe her. Plus, it gave me faith that some people can actually change their life if they want to.

Strange but true..........

When I hear the phrase "Gentlemen's Club", I think of an actual club, e.g. those in the St. James' district, or their equivalent in other cities ... not some low-rent strip bar.

When I hear the phrase "Gentlemen's Club", I think of an actual club, e.g. those in the St. James' district, or their equivalent in other cities ... not some low-rent strip bar.

Funny, here in Canada (where they are considerably more risque than in the US) the general euphemism is "going to the ballet"

And yes, I've been in enough of them all of the world, during business/business trips. I actually don't like them much (visual stimulation aside). They're one of those places where the minute you step through the door you feel like you've got "sucker" written on your forehead. Expensive drinks, table dances, extras.. mind you, I'm sure owning one is probably a decent way to FIRE (notwithstanding the vig you'd have to pay to the local "protectionists")

WoW, lots of people interested in Gentlemen's Clubs.... LOL I have never posted a topic that got so many views so quickly.

Anyway, we go tonight and tomorrow I'll try to post a full report of the adventure...

WoW, lots of people interested in Gentlemen's Clubs.... LOL I have never posted a topic that got so many views so quickly.

Anyway, we go tonight and tomorrow I'll try to post a full report of the adventure...

Have Fun. Looking forward to the FULL report of the adventure :)

Attachments

• pole dancer.JPG
    pole dancer.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 288

Still waiting on that report. Or are you too traumatized by the event and the proposition that followed

Sex sells. News at 11 :D

OMGosh... I completely forgot about this!

We went to the club, it was quite swanky, in an old jazz club kinda way. The music was nice, the gentleman watching the door and the bouncers were in Tux. The girls were in dresses except for the time they were on stage. There were a couple of dozen chairs with seats and sofas along all the walls. We sat down and ordered a drink and before my drink even came my phone rang. It was my sister and she informed me my dad had had a major heart issue and was in the hospital. I left within 10 minutes of going in and have spent the last week and an half in and out of the hospital with my dad having 2 surgeries.... (he seems to be stable now)

So, unfortunately, I have very little to report!

Perhaps I will go again in the future and have a better story to tell
:)

We sat down and ordered a drink and before my drink even came my phone rang. It was my sister and she informed me my dad had had a major heart issue and was in the hospital. I left within 10 minutes
:)

My mother told me that going to those places would only bring trouble. Sounds like she was right. ;)

I hope you father is doing better. Our parents are precious.

Thanks for the followup.

Sorry about your father. Hope your dad is doing better.

We used to call it "going to the Christian Science reading room for milk and cookies".

Finally a euphemism for this activity that I have not heard for years and also think is hysterical. I am glad that I wasn't drinking milk when I read this or it would have come out my nose. Thank you for a perfect end to a very long week.

Back
Top Bottom