Get 2GB extra in Google Drive with security check

Keep us posted on the Mac--I am contemplating a Mac in the near future and will be interested in what you decide.
Since this thread has become a jumbly mix of anything tech, as it should...

I am familiar with the all-in-one, 21.5 inch (non retina) Mac, purchased about 2 years ago. It is worth every penny. The major challenge when you make a jump is the applications. Had to buy maybe $1500 worth of DTP apps altogether.

target2019: it's good to read a positive experience with your Mac.

I have files dating from my first home PC (Windows 95) that I don't want to lose, hence the long-overdue need for a comprehensive backup of everything.

On the application side, the only reason I stumble along with the Windows ball and chain is Quicken. I've been religiously doing backups of that to a USB stick.

Last edited:
target2019: it's good to read a positive experience with your Mac.

I have files dating from my first home PC (Windows 95) that I don't want to lose, hence the long-overdue need for a comprehensive backup of everything.

On the application side, the only reason I stumble along with the Windows ball and chain is Quicken. I've been religiously doing backups of that to a USB stick.
Mac 128K, MacPlus, Mac iicxi, Powermac 7500. Add in 286, 386, PIII, P4, and so on. I've passed a lot of data back and forth. The longer you wait, the harder it gets. I tried to retrieve some old DTP files recently, and had a bear of a time. I got the text, but 1995 graphics look a bit odd!

I never noticed: Yahoo! Mail has a quota of 1 TB. I use an account there for signup/access to "questionable sites" (like e-r.org :) ).

Back
Top Bottom