Giving Thanks

Great health, early retirement, financial security and most importantly, a wonderful spouse. :flowers:

Great health, early retirement, financial security and most importantly, a wonderful spouse. :flowers:

+1 wonderful spouse/family, good health and having had a good life. Financial security is just icing on the cake.

Expanding on your thought, I'm thankful I don't have to:

- Drive on the Capital Beltway;

Amen to that!

We're thankful we made the choices we did and still have our health.

FIL does not have his health so that makes it clear everything else is irrelevant without that. And we're thankful we have the resources to help him out. Despite the frustrations that is a guy who worked many a 12-hour day to support his family.

I am thankful that I have a new life after the previous one went bust after the passing of my Mom (11 years) and husband (8 years).
I am self reliant, and very strong of spirit, but things like that can really drag a girl down. I faced the cases of lemons head on.
Damn near wore me out...:(...and then there was the mistake of ex-dh2b. Talk about adding insult to injury. :nonono:
Live and learn.

I am grateful to have Mr B in my life. I know I'm not supposed to compare, but he is of the same caliber as my late husband, in many ways. Such a kind heart.

I am blessed to have two men (past and present) who truly care(d) about me. :D

Can I make it on my own ? Certainly. But I choose to enrich my life with men of good character. I deserve that. :)

Last edited:
I am thankful that I have a new life after the previous one went bust after the passing of my Mom (11 years) and husband (8 years).
I am self reliant, and very strong of spirit, but things like that can really drag a girl down. I faced the cases of lemons head on.
Damn near wore me out...:(...and then there was the mistake of ex-dh2b. Talk about adding insult to injury. :nonono:
Live and learn.

I am grateful to have Mr B in my life. I know I'm not supposed to compare, but he is of the same caliber as my late husband, in many ways. Such a kind heart.

I am blessed to have two men (past and present) who truly care(d) about me. :D

Can I make it on my own ? Certainly. But I choose to enrich my life with men of good character. I deserve that. :)

You do deserve that.

I have so much to be thankful for...my family and my health, being born in the US, having all my family soon to be together in the same town (they are driving back home from CA as I type) and being able to spend so much time with my granddaughter. I was thinking about this earlier when I was showering and I am so very thankful that I lived during the time of indoor plumbing. I can't imagine having to go to a well and carry back water or going to an outhouse, especially if it were dark and cold! I am very thankful for our financial situation, including our pensions.

I can't imagine having to go to a well and carry back water or going to an outhouse, especially if it were dark and cold! I am very thankful for our financial situation, including our pensions.

I was thinking about that myself last night, reading a book about Africa and how most people live there.

First thing that comes to mind is that I am thankful to have four days off from work. Two of the days are paid by my employer, and two of the days are no doubt due to the efforts of many who sacrificed in building this republic.

Come to think even more, and I'm greatful for the opportunity to work a few hours each day doing highly paid work for myself.

When I add up this Thanksgiving's gifts, I realize how lucky I've been in how a few decisions could have gone poorly, and the day would feel much different.

Back
Top Bottom