Graphic of religions in the United States

I can't look at the graph since I am traveling with an iPad but, although I agree that the US is very religious, I take the 4 percent atheist/agnostic number with a large grain of salt. A lot of people who self report as in the religion they were born in never see the inside of a church and are non-believers or highly skeptical if you talk to them at any length.

I can't look at the graph since I am traveling with an iPad but, although I agree that the US is very religious, I take the 4 percent atheist/agnostic number with a large grain of salt. A lot of people who self report as in the religion they were born in never see the inside of a church and are non-believers or highly skeptical if you talk to them at any length.
Likely true, however if we once had a faith, it is often there for us when we may need comforting.

I am thinking that my former objections are quite unimportant relative to need. We, including me, live too much of our lives locked in our heads.

Ha

Last edited:
Everylady, many thanks for the recommendation of the Colin Woodward book. This is a topic that really interests me and I'll definitely check it out.

Excerpts of the Colin Woodard book are available for reading on the Bloomberg site, in five parts:

Woodard - Bloomberg Search

Fascinating analysis.

iJ_IeN4XH.wA.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom