H&R Block tax software pre-order

Carpediem

Full time employment: Posting here.
I just received an email to pre-order the H&R Block tax software for $29.95. Their sales page says the regular price is $54.95, which I don't think is necessarily true since the price at Amazon for 2017 was $31.92. Has anyone who uses this software taken advantage of the pre-order? I'm not convinced I'd be saving a whole lot.

I just received an email to pre-order the H&R Block tax software for $29.95. Their sales page says the regular price is $54.95, which I don't think is necessarily true since the price at Amazon for 2017 was $31.92. Has anyone who uses this software taken advantage of the pre-order? I'm not convinced I'd be saving a whole lot.
Checking my records, I bought the deluxe + state + free efile from Amazon on Black Friday for $19.99 last year.

I got a similar email. Got it for $34.95 instead of $54.95. I ain't complaining

Over the years I have found it futile to keep chasing after the next "offer" to save an extra 5 bucks. Even at full price it's what I need so I'd buy it anyway.

Seriously $29.95! They offered me $20 off HRB Premium Deluxe, normally $44.95. So $24.95+tax. New this year - extended download feature - for only $5.99 more you can download the software over a 2 year period. I think I'll wait for a better offer.

Seems like last year that mailed me a disc and the offer was $19.99.

Last hear they sent me a CD with the latest software on it. I paid $20 to activate it. I have used Block's software for the last five years at least. I will wait for the CD again this year.

Just wait for Amazon to discount it down to $20. They do every year right around Black Friday.

Maybe I should buy mine now... they offered it for $19.99...

But it is without state, but we do not have state income tax....

I usually don't buy the state, since the federal only is usually available cheaper. And I like to paper file the state, just because they're pushing so hard to get more people to efile, hehe! It's trivial to file NC once the federal is sitting there completed.

A heads-up for folks.

I bought this on the pre-order and did a draft tax return this morning to figure out if I needed to execute any year-end maneuvers (e.g., open a solo-401(k)). It turns out that, as best I can tell, it is not yet calculating the new QBI deduction.

I got onto chat help with H&RB and got a canned response about certain features not implemented pending final IRS guidance.

Not a huge problem for me, I really wanted to know what my AGI looked like which is prior to the QBI deduction, but I suspect that incomplete functionality will be a common problem with early versions of tax software this year.

Maybe I should buy mine now... they offered it for $19.99...

But it is without state, but we do not have state income tax....
Where did you find this? Email offer?

Back
Top Bottom