Happy Mother's Day

harley

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I didn't see one of these threads for this year, so...

To all you mothers out there, happy Mother's Day! Thank you for your service.

I didn't see one of these threads for this year, so...

To all you mothers out there, happy Mother's Day! Thank you for your service.

+1

Going to see Mom later today. I owe her more than I could ever explain.

+2. Happy Mothers Day, where would we be without you?

Yes, Happy Mother's Day to all of you who have ever had children. I hope they are devoted to you, and that the man you gave them to is similarly grateful for this momentous gift.

If somehow we had to carry and birth them ouselves we'd be short of courage and out of luck.

Last edited:
Thanks. When I look back and think of what I always wanted out of life, it was to be a wife and mom. Our sons are 27 and 25 and I know we raised good people. We get great pleasure from them.

Today I'm thinking about my mom who died last October and my sister who has two grown sons who have not been in her life for years, the result of a nasty divorce. Mother's Day is always painful for her and on top of that she put her 16 year old cat to sleep this week. She and her DH are taking a day trip to a museum just to distract themselves from everyone else's warm fuzzies.

We don't do gifts but instead I asked DH and sons to plan a dinner and implement it while I avoid the kitchen, so that's the plan. One of our sons brought over a beautiful dessert, a gorgeous strawberry and blackberry pie.

I'm going to go relax on the deck, under the awning and just think. Or not think.

Happy Hallmark cards day. Why are Snap On tools appropriate for Fathers' Day and a $900+ vacuum cleaner not appropriate for Mothers' Day?

Happy Hallmark cards day. Why are Snap On tools appropriate for Fathers' Day and a $900+ vacuum cleaner not appropriate for Mothers' Day?

I think it's because guys like fooling with cars and stuff and not all woman like vacuuming.;)

Today I picked up a nice lunch for Mom and myself from a local restaurant and took the dog over for a visit. We watched an old classic movie(South Pacific) that a neighbor gave her. I'm not much into musicals but she enjoyed it. And I did too in between naps.;)

In July my Mom will be gone 20 years.:'(

It was 42 years ago last month for my mom, I certainly understand how you feel.

To all the Moms on the forum, wishing you a most happy day.

I'll extend this to all women who have ever loved a child - whether they have been a mother or not. I have several friends who were unable to have children of their own, but have been a tremendous blessing to children such as their nieces and nephews, their students, and the children of their friends, among many other categories I could list. You are appreciated today and every day!

Happy Mothers day to all you mom's out there. Wishing you the very best today and every day.

Back
Top Bottom