Happy New Year!

RobbieB

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Tomorrow is New Year's Eve and I'm ready.

A half pound of caviar and crème fraiche in the fridge. A 6 pound standing rib roast. Au jus mix. Vodka and champagne. And Brussels sprouts.

Going to my girlfriends and roasting there. Her son and daughter will be joining us.

Prime rib au jus, Yorkshire pudding and Brussels sprouts basted with olive oil and baked high temp with bacon bits and washed down with champagne.

And while the roast is roasting we'll be consuming the caviar and vodka!

Happy New Year - :)

Sounds great:dance:, except for the brussel sprouts:mad:. I can eat them, but do not enjoy them.

Happy New Year:dance:

I was kinda the same way before I found out about the olive oil & bacon thing.

You put the sprouts inna bowl and drizzle the oil on them along with a good dose of S&P. The a couple slices of bacon are cut into little strips (say a half inch) and mixed in with the sprouts. The whole mess gets put on a baking sheet and in the oven at like 450 degrees for about 15 minutes (until the sprouts start to blacken)

Bacon is crisp, sprouts are tender and flavorful, they just rock!

Happy New Year 2017!

Your planned dinner sounds divine, Robbie.

May everyone reading this have a happy, content, exciting, loving, and prosperous 2017. :D It's going to be great.

We usually do a pork roast but had one recently. Had standing rib for Christmas. Going with Honeybaked ham.

I was kinda the same way before I found out about the olive oil & bacon thing.

You put the sprouts inna bowl and drizzle the oil on them along with a good dose of S&P. The a couple slices of bacon are cut into little strips (say a half inch) and mixed in with the sprouts. The whole mess gets put on a baking sheet and in the oven at like 450 degrees for about 15 minutes (until the sprouts start to blacken)

Bacon is crisp, sprouts are tender and flavorful, they just rock!

Love the sprouts! Thanks for the recipe. I'm definitely going to give it a try! How can you go wrong with bacon:confused:

No reason to rush thru life. I'll wait till tomorrow for new year.

Have a happy 2017, and beyond !!! :dance:

Just because the OP celebrates New Year's Eve does not mean he cannot do the same for New Year Day. Of course it depends on how much vodka he consumes tonight.

I have to cancel my New Year party for the extended family. My wife has to take care of MIL, who has been discharged from the hospital and is still on oxygen for her pneumonia.

lately DW and I are usually in bed NLT 2200 on the 31st. This year with DW out of town I picked up my old door man gig (last night and tonight). An easy $100/night for 5 hours each. I just add the cash to the fun pile. Happy New year!

Happy New Year. We are heading to our favorite restaurant for prime rib and lobster. Really looking forward to the meal and a quiet evening.

DH is playing at a wedding reception this evening. He said "see you next year" when he left this afternoon. I'm preparing tomorrow's meal tonight as we are skiing tomorrow.

The young wife and I are having a rack of lamb for dinner, with a nice bottle of Sagrantino di Montefalco to accompany it. Then we'll play our annual game of Scrabble, and fall asleep before midnight.

Sautéed soft shell crabs, roasted broccoli, and tomato pie - all picked up at the local farmers market this morning. Will enjoy it with a good California bubbly since we usually don't stay up until midnight. Tomorrow will be oyster stew for lunch and the obligatory Hoppin John (good luck black eyed peas) for dinner. Happy 2017 to all!

Happy New Year to e-r.org! Here's to the year I retire! :dance:

Settled in with a homebrew IPA in front of TCM with DW for a quiet countdown late tonight. IF we can stay awake that long.

We haven't made it to midnight for at least a decade.

Happy New Year to all!

:LOL:

Ok, I wish all of y'all (pick the one/s best suited for you) a fun...relaxing..tipsy..unforgettable..boisterous..loving New Year's eve. :greetings10:

Last edited:
Happy New Year! May 2017 bring blessings, happiness and prosperity to all!

I'm blowing it out. Watching the end of the Peach bowl and plan on watching the Fiesta next. Got a bottle of wine to sip on so I'm good. Will have ham, sweet potatoes and of course...black eyed peas tomorrow. Life is good..............

Happy New Year!

DD and DGD#2 (6 months old) came into town today. Simple dinner of spiced shrimp, rice, veggies. Later we're headed to Berlin MD (America's Coolest Small Town) for the ball drop. It's a lot of fun, and we'll probably see a bunch of friends there. It's gotten quite fancy recently, although I still have fond memories of the first one when my buddy Rick lowered a ball wrapped in Christmas lights from the roof of a building with his sea fishing rod. Hope the adults hold up. Not worried about the baby. Happy New Year to all.

Happy New Year! & Have a great 2017.

Had some snacks earlier with DW and a friend. I'll be asleep before midnight.

Happy New Year everyone. :dance:

Most of our friends and relatives have already celebrated New Year in the U.K. and Australia. Our daughter is usually a couple of hours behind us but this year she is 16.5 hours ahead of us in Adelaide so we had her message and photos a long time back.

We won't stay up past 11 this year. I usually do stay up with my son but he is working a night shift today, doing year end processing at his bank.

Happy New Year!!

Don't forget to take into account the leap second they are adding on at the end... :)

Back
Top Bottom