Happy New Year!

Happy New Year.
Home alone with a bad cold.

The only reason we're up is that I made us both a Neo-Citran.......we're both coughing & snuffling.

Bah Humbug! (Can you apply that to New Year?)

I spent my New Year watching that Mariah Carey train wreck on TV.

Incredible wasn't it :mad:

First off, the lip syncing thing, why even have these famous singers show up, just play the CD !!

I always wonder how many people in the audience actually think/believe they see the singer really sing.

I hope some really do, but you cannot tell unless the sound track has an issue, or they fall off the stage while miraculously never missing a single beat. :facepalm:

So instead of her, really singing, she was a spoiled brat, not a professional..

I quickly switched channels as she started the melt down, as I could see exactly where it was going.

Incredible wasn't it :mad:

First off, the lip syncing thing, why even have these famous singers show up, just play the CD !!

I always wonder how many people in the audience actually think/believe they see the singer really sing.

I hope some really do, but you cannot tell unless the sound track has an issue, or they fall off the stage while miraculously never missing a single beat. :facepalm:

So instead of her, really singing, she was a spoiled brat, not a professional..

I quickly switched channels as she started the melt down, as I could see exactly where it was going.

My brother saw that at a Kiss concert once. Ace Frehely dropped his guitar and the music kept going. I think he was actually playing, but they were also running a track underneath him to make it sound fuller.

Well, going to New Year's in America's Coolest Small Town was a blast, but also a mistake. 6 month old DGD enjoyed her first New Year's so much she decided she didn't need to sleep last night. DD was so exhausted I sent her to bed and sat up and walked and rocked the kiddo until she finally gave out a bit after 3 am. Then of course she was up at 7 this morning.

demon-child-doll.jpg

Don't want to encounter drunks on the road, nor to be one. So we always spend New Year's Eve at home watching movies.

Saw a great one last night: "The Creeping Terror". The acting was stilted, the plot absurd, the writing ridiculous, and the less said about the directing the better. But Mystery Science Theater 3000's treatment of it had us roaring!

Happy New Year to everyone! May I continue to learn from all of you, and maybe from time to time I'll return the favor.

The acting was stilted, the plot absurd, the writing ridiculous, and the less said about the directing the better.

From many, many, decades ago, this might be considered the perfect 'stoner movie'.

I was kinda the same way before I found out about the olive oil & bacon thing.

You put the sprouts inna bowl and drizzle the oil on them along with a good dose of S&P. The a couple slices of bacon are cut into little strips (say a half inch) and mixed in with the sprouts. The whole mess gets put on a baking sheet and in the oven at like 450 degrees for about 15 minutes (until the sprouts start to blacken)

Bacon is crisp, sprouts are tender and flavorful, they just rock!

Just how I like them. For DW I grate parmesan cheese and bake another 5.

We are having 4 pounds of King crab, wild rice, and asparagus. A bottle of champagne and a little snow outside.

To all a happy 2017.

Everything was wonderful. Got home at 10 and fed the dog then hopped into bed and read and listened to music until pandemonium broke out. Not like the forth, only lasts to about a quarter after midnite and why try to sleep before it's over?

A good time was had by all - :)

Everything was wonderful. Got home at 10 and fed the dog then hopped into bed and read and listened to music until pandemonium broke out. Not like the forth, only lasts to about a quarter after midnite and why try to sleep before it's over?

A good time was had by all - :)
(emphasis mine)

Lasted until at least 3 here, even in the pouring rain! That's when I went to bed, anyway, and I remember hearing fireworks in the distance as I drifted off to sleep. I was really tired by that time. I guess New Orleans is always up for a good party. :rolleyes:

We stayed home playing Scrabble and drinking sparkling wines. It was a quiet evening with a loving kiss and a little dance at midnight. Then she beat me soundly at Scrabble for the second time that night.

We had two couples over for dinner and cards. usually we don't make it until midnight but this year we did. I think the lively card game kept us all awake. Hoping that 2017 is a great year for everyone!!

Back
Top Bottom