Help! Suicide note on Craigslist

Our neighborhood wandering guy looks as if he gave it all in Nam, his nerves are shot, cannot look anyone in the face, I wonder what's on his iPod, he never begs and we call him Robert, his real name.

Makes me wonder. Seeing the long post about how police officers are understaffed. Then you see how prisons are understaffed and overcrowded.

Eventually it will explode. Wonder if it will happen in whats remaining of my lifetime. Because eventually it will happen. Unless something is done.

Gee, Leonidas, it's too bad you don't understand the subject. That was one of the most concise, best explained, thoroughly understood and best written post I've ever seen. A big thanks! You totally nailed it for me.

Yeah, Chicago does have bums...but NOTHING like in Houston. I lived 15 years in ChiTown (last time in 2004) and 22 yrs. in Houston, so I have some basis for recent comparison. I'll bet the count of bums in Houston beats Chicago by alot. Warmer concrete sidewalks I'm guessing...

Forgive me if I have mentioned this before: A bum in Houston had a sign that said "Why lie? I need a beer. Please give." A few months later I see another bum with a sign that said "Why lie? I need a beer, and a hooker, too, please!" Laughed all the way to Starbucks.

...Warmer concrete sidewalks I'm guessing...
Am I detecting a valid reason for living where it snows up to my armpits?:eek:
I actually have dealt with enterprising street folks when I traveled on business to warmer climes. I got surprised once, and only once, before I activated my force field. I've got a heck of a "get lost" look when I set my mind to it.
If I was traveling by myself and wanted to explore a little, I took cabs from the front door of the hotel to my destination, no exceptions. If in a group, we walked.

Leonidas's post mirrors my experience.

Re the subject of the original post, I'm sure Craigslist administration called the local PD to check on the guy (the post has been pulled at this writing). They can, and will, do that when it's called to their attention. The terms of service allow them to.

Good..then I don't have to worry about him over the weekend. Thanks for the information about procedure.

Back
Top Bottom