Home insurance inspections

I object to having a contractor that I have not personally vetted poking around inside my house, so I am going to deny permission in the future. If the underwriter insists, I will cancel the policy.

Good for you! :clap:

Seen it all. An earlier agent we had did a drive by on our lakehouse and determined it was a prime residence. Meanwhile she also failed to neglect our 16 year old for car insurance. All after repeated contact on our part
Incompetent. Typical insurance agent.

I've only had this happen once. It was with one of the big companies (can't recall which one, but I think it was GEICO). They used some underwriter based in California and sent out a local guy to look at the property (outside only). He found a couple of cracks in the concrete driveway, and they ended up telling me it had to be fixed before the policy could be issued and gave me 8 days to have it remedied. It was February, and my driveway was frozen over. :nonono: I asked them how they expected me to repair the driveway within 8 days with a layer of ice and snow on top of it. They did not have any advice but refused to give me more time to deal with the issue. I switched my policy to a different provider. :( They did have the lowest rate at the time, but not by much, so I wasn't' going to deal with a bunch of knuckleheads
Cracks? What? Were they a severe tripping hazard? This is crazy! A broken driveway wouldn't be claimable anyway.

Back
Top Bottom