How Many Days/Week Do You Wear Jeans?

Retirees only: How Many Days/Week Do You Wear Jeans/Shorts/Sweats (or casual equiv)?

• 0-1

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • 2-3

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • 4-5

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • 6-7

Votes: 66 88.0%

• Total voters

Midpack

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I was doing laundry today and thought about how that task would change when I retire...

For the retired only: How many days/week do you wear jeans/shorts/sweats or a very casual equivalent?

You mean there are other kinds of pants? The only time I am not wearing jeans is when we go out to dinner at a nice restaurant. I kept a few pair of dress pants from when I was working. At the rate I wear them they should last forever.

Shorts everyday in warm weather and usually sweats/jeans in cold weather -- much of my time is spent outdoors (boating, kayaking, hiking, fishing, biking). Laundry is less complicated for sure. If I wear anything nicer it is for a very specific purpose (like a date)......

I wear jeans all the time. I dress' em up or down as needed, sneakers and T-shirt on week-ends, leather shoes and blazer for going out...

When I go in and visit my old workplace (where I maintain an office) I wear my nice jeans. And sometimes my Wahoo cowboy boots.

I live in "surf city", where putting on "jeans" is for getting dressed up. I have a closet full of Armani/Zegna from my NYC days that I keep around to feed the moths! You can go to a "5 star" restaurant in "jeans" as we are a tourist town and everybody is in "hiking gear".

I live in "surf city", where putting on "jeans" is for getting dressed up.
I wear jeans maybe once every 6-8 weeks, only because I go to casual meetings where everyone else is wearing office attire.

I wear jeans more often than I wear socks...

I have been retired 4.5 years now and we have not had to send 'dress shirts' to the laundry yet! I still have cleaned press shirts hanging in the closet.

All casual for me. Now that DH is retired, he's a jeans, shorts and t shirt kind of guy. I don't have to iron anymore. :clap:

Jeans in winter, Shorts all summer. Would be mighty strange to go back to something as formal as "business casual". Don't miss it a bit.

I dress up other than jeans or shorts only for a wedding or funeral. When I take a cruise I will go closet shopping. Next year we may do a 5 star resort for Mother's Day brunch and I may have to dress up in one of the business pantsuits. Lots of summer days all I wear is a swimsuit and then one of my nighties. Less laundry!

I wear jeans in winter . Capris or an occasional sundress in the summer . Three days a week I go to the gym so I have several gym outfits . I usually dress nicer when we go out for dinner or to parties . Since I travel to the North a lot I have a whole different wardrobe for up there . Summer wear in Buffalo ,NY is not the same as Summer wear in Florida .

Used to wear jeans on an almost-daily basis. Wear mostly khakis now. More comfortable.

All casual for me. Now that DH is retired, he's a jeans, shorts and t shirt kind of guy. I don't have to iron anymore. :clap:

Our cleaner might go out of business when I retire...:whistle:

...and DW won't miss the occassional shirt that has to be ironed ither...

R

PS: not retired, didn't vote, but you can guess...

I voted 6 - 7.

I RE'd 2 years and a bit ago. Since then I've worn [-]formal attire[/-] business casual or above twice. Once was DS's wedding and I can't remember the other.

Just two more years, right? I hope you don't get the one more year syndrome after that....:angel:

I think I have the two more year syndrome...I've been saying just two more years for more than two years...still saying it. We'll see what the new boss has in mind...not worried, either way.

R

It was after a year of retirement that I upgraded to jeans.

Do have some 'dress' pants that I wear occasionally.

I have been retired over four years now and I kept back all of the busness suits, just in case I needed them. I cleaned out my closet after the hurricane hit Galveston and a friend was seeking "gently ussed clothes" for a relief effort. I knew that I would not be wearing business suits in the future and I hope someone else is getting some of the good left in those suits. I live in jeans, shorts, and t's. I like it that way.

Jeans, shorts, sweats and my favorite bib overalls - the ones from Tractor Supply if it's a formal occasion.

:D Usually the weather forecast has the most influence on my attire.

heh heh heh - my one suit has seen two weddings in the last 4 yrs. :cool:

My last trip to New Orleans - I actually passed on a nice 'formal' pair of white fisherman's boots. :greetings10:

Back
Top Bottom