Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Very Popular 2001 - 3000

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Sex Worker 3001 - 10,000

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Major ****ing Artist

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I slept with about 25 before I married my true love (my second wife) and was faithful throughout the 20 + year relationship.

The secret of the high numbers (all female) before my second marriage was the occupational hazards of being a school teacher. Lots of women at work, few other single men and so little time.

Sucumed to the wiles of two women since. The sex has been good (at times great) but I forgot how much 'work' it takes. Vitamin 'S' is the world's most expensive drug. Infatuation is sooo intoxicating but like the drug it is, eventually it fades. Like crack you can never ever really get that first hit high again.

The 'work' part is in reference to having to reassure a female how 'special' they are and having to listen attentively to there booooring stories. Perhaps I should hold out for someone who is really more my type? At my age (59) that might take too long. Marriage is out and putting someone else's kid through college is out.

Now I am not the looker I once was, but the years and gravity have been cruel to women in their mid-fifties. 

I am seriously considering just putting that part of the 'eternal dance' aside and enjoy the elements of life that are entertaining more sustainable. 

Ol_Rancher said:
I slept with about 25 before I married my true love (my second wife) and was faithful throughout the 20 + year relationship.

The secret of the high numbers (all female) before my second marriage was the occupational hazards of being a school teacher. Lots of women at work, few other single men and so little time.

Sucumed to the wiles of two women since. The sex has been good (at times great) but I forgot how much 'work' it takes. Vitamin 'S' is the world's most expensive drug. Infatuation is sooo intoxicating but like the drug it is, eventually it fades. Like crack you can never ever really get that first hit high again.

The 'work' part is in reference to having to reassure a female how 'special' they are and having to listen attentively to there booooring stories. Perhaps I should hold out for someone who is really more my type? At my age (59) that might take too long. Marriage is out and putting someone else's kid through college is out.

Now I am not the looker I once was, but the years and gravity have been cruel to women in their mid-fifties. 

I am seriously considering just putting that part of the 'eternal dance' aside and enjoy the elements of life that are entertaining more sustainable. 

A frank but somewhat unhappy sounding statement.

Ha

Ol_Rancher said:
To each his/her own, but good grief, if serious cerebral effort was ever a part of the dance, I never would have even stepped out on the floor!

Maybe you don't need to buy the whole dance hall to enjoy an evening, so to speak...

Polled in the 51 - 100 category (all female)

The last one of those became the missus, faithful since we starting dating up to this very day. Had a good time prior though   :D  :D  :D

Once did a comparitive survey with three colleagues of all the different nationalities of women we had all slept with. Sounded like a roll call of the United Nations when we had finished! Can't remember the precise details now but it was well up above 60 different nations.     :eek:

Edit:
This was all during the late 80's through 2000 when wife to be came along, so not the "free lovin' hippy 70's" that so many of you enjoyed!

okay i admit it i was a slut!..there i feel better now.....although i was out of control and must have been in the 100 partner area i married my current wife because she was the only one to sleep with me more than once ha ha ha......i was lucky enough to have grown up in the 70's..that little window inbetween the invention of birth control pills and the start of aids........

mathjak107 said:
oi was lucky enough to have grown up in the 70's..that little window inbetween the invention of birth control pills and the start of aids........

Gosh I totally agree with that, we were fortunate weren't we. I don't know if I would want to be a 20-30 yr old looking for a potential mate today, heck even at my age, so dang scarey out there.

Oh and to Ol Rancher, honey take a good look in the mirror, 50ish men aren't aging any better, it all depends on how you take care of yourself.

Ol_Rancher said:

Somehow this reminds me of the comedian joking about how he never had more sex than when he was a boy scout troop leader...

I felt like lighting up a cigarette after reading all of this and I don't even smoke. Whew, I'm exhausted.

setab

cube_rat said:
15 responses and 68 views in less than 12 minutes is pretty impressive. Goes to show you sex gets everyone's attention

I haven't replied yet because I took my sex partners very seriously and I want to list everyone's name I could remember. I have been working nonstop, I should be finished in about a day.
I have a very very very very very very .............. long list.

Now I know why I have been so tired all these past 20 years since I became celibate. :D

MJ :)

Ol Rancher,

I know what you are going through to some extent.  Dating again after being married for so long especially when one is no longer a "kid" brings with it its' own set of unique issues.  Dating in your 50's or later in this day and time is VERY different than when we do so when we got married (partnered) so many years ago.  It is a very different world now with a whole new set of dating issues and unwritten "code" to learn and understand.  

As for the gravity thing and women in their 50s, all I can say is gravity and age have not been all that kind to me either.  You learn to overlook some things since you cannot change them.  Physical apperance is not everything....it is truly what is inside that make the difference.  Sure a nice package is easier on the eyes and can make the pulse race but it is all about what you are looking for in a "date".  I did the dating scene for a while at age 52.  I was rough and I almost walked away from it.  I dated some younger women but kept going back to the ones closer to my age; we just had more in common and got along better.  

Hang in there.  Give it some time before you throw in the towel.  Take small steps and don't expect too much.  Just look at it as having fun with someone for a while and see what happens.  Just watch out for the ones that want to marry you after 3 dates.  Do what works for you.  If you need a "vacation" from it then take one but don't forget that is is just a vacation.   ;)

Ol_Rancher said:

There is always Thailand. ;)

Seriously at 58, I am faced with the same concerns. I am keeping myself in good physical shape (bicycling, home exercising). For the 1st time that I can remember, I actual lost weight during the winter months. If only I had hair on my head, I probably would look no more than 65 38 yo.

SteveR said:
 I dated some younger women but kept going back to the ones closer to my age; we just had more in common and got along better.  

My experience also. I recall one in particular who was about 15
years my junior. She said "You can't keep up with me!"
I was surprised but she was 100% right. Smart lady.

JG

I slept with about 25

LOL  :cool:, I'm on the warpath about the phrase "slept with" as it surely does not indicate what was happening.  As Newman on Seinfeld once said, "There was very little sleeping going on".

We're  discussing having sex, screwing, f**king, banging, diddling, hosing, nailing, gettin' it on, doing the deed, but we are not discussing sleeping! :rant:

Ok, now that I have cleared up this essential point, you may all continue to lie about all of your sexual exploits and fanticies.

didn't have to pay for sex

BUT

made a couple of bucks... does that count?

Enuff2Eat said:
didn't have to pay for sex

BUT

made a couple of bucks... does that count?
Yeah.
In the interest of the forum's interest in sexology and just plain purient interest:
1. a. How many bucks
b. How much did you charge on average
c. What was it you did exactly
d. Anything else you wish to say

8)

Just thought I'd bring this thread back.............

I also voted............. :p

Any of you that admitted more than 5 are either lying or wishing.

I do have a question or 2 that needs answering before I cast my ballot. Does this number account for both before and after marriage? Also, how can I be assured that this disclosure will not be used against me in divorce court?

I await you reply.

----

mickeyd - why do you think we are lying? I'm 38 and single (divorced). Since the age of 17, I've had 6 relationships that have been over 2 years (including my marriage). So that's 6 right there. Then there are the people I've dated in between those, and then there are a few "I'm on vacation and single and drinking great wine/margaritas/beer and no one will ever know anyway" encounters, and I'm easily in the teens.

If you didn't get married young or for very long, I don't think this is that unusual.

Karen

Moemg said:
I was single in the days of Free Love .Need I say more !

No, but I'm all ears if you want to.

Ha

The more creative you are the more sex. :-\....

The big bang theory of art

By Ben Macintyre - The Times

“SEX AND ART are the same thing,” declared Pablo Picasso; this was one of the greatest chat-up lines ever, from a master of the art.

Finally, a scientific survey has proven what everyone has long suspected (which is what scientific surveys ought to do): creative artists, it appears, really do have more exotic love lives than the rest of the population. The new study, published this week in Proceedings of the Royal Society, suggests that artists, from poets to painters to puppeteers :confused:, have, on average, twice as many sexual partners as non-artists.

Promiscuous Picasso, Lord Byron the philanderer, Dylan Thomas the boozy womaniser: these were not simply bonking Bohemians, it seems, but artists doing what their genes told them to do. According to the researchers the greater the artistic endeavour, the larger the sexual appetites. (There are some obvious exceptions to this rule: Julio Iglesias once boasted that he had had sex with 3,000 women, but has never yet sung a decent song.)

Indeed, artistic ability may have evolved as a form of mating display, a courtship technique to attract partners. In his 2001 book The Mating Mind, Geoffrey Miller argued that intellectual and artistic ability were a form of human plumage, designed to entice sexual partners. “Come up and see my etchings” may be a central statement in human evolution.

* Why do men find big lips and little noses so sexy? I'll paint you a picture ::)

Artists have more sex, of course, because that is what they are expected to do. As rule breakers, they are assumed to act on impulse, unconstrained by the mores that apply to the rest of society. Artists also tend to die young, making it imperative that they gather ye rosebuds while they may. Poets, in fact, die younger than any other sort of artist, and younger than almost any other type of professional, including deep-sea divers. When Andrew Marvell wrote To his Coy Mistress, he was speaking for all artists who sense Time’s wingéd chariot hurrying near, and want to get laid, a lot, before it runs them over:

Artists are not only expected to have sex more, but also to write, paint, sing, compose and talk about it, endlessly, preferably in smoky bars. For Picasso, sex was a prevailing theme: a recent exhibition in Paris, Picasso Erotique, displayed no less than 330 paintings, drawings, engravings and sculptures portraying sexual congress, or what Gertrude Stein called Picasso’s “dirty side”. Picasso was genuinely interested in sex, all his life, but most modern artists feel obliged to include sex in their portfolios, as a matter of form. Tracey Emin’s installation Everybody I’ve Ever Slept With: 1963-1995 is a very good joke, but also a wry reflection on the modern artist who is obliged either to celebrate sex or to fake it. The Bad Sex awards, presented annually to the most embarrassing description of the sexual act, is never short of contenders.

Artists may not actually have wilder sex lives than mere mortals; they may simply be better at misrepresenting what they do in bed. Jerry Seinfeld once remarked: “Everyone lies about sex. People lie during sex. If it weren’t for lies, there’d be no sex.”

“Nothing nauseates me more than promiscuous sex in and out of season,” wrote D. H. Lawrence, simultaneously yawning and panting, to Lady Ottoline Morrell.

On the day the sex lives of the artists was unveiled, another, much grimmer report appeared under the less than enticing title Who Pays for Sex? Based on a survey by the Medical Research Council, this showed that the number of men paying for sex has doubled over the last decade, with nearly one in ten of all males admitting that he had done so during the previous five years. Anybody on the forum paid for sex:confused:

The general devaluation of sex surely explains why, more than ever, we need to associate sex with art, glamour and the carefree misbehaviour of a Picasso or, for that matter, a Kate Moss. Three weeks after Byron died in 1824, The Times declared him “the most remarkable Englishman of his generation”; this, it should be remembered, was an Englishman who had rogered practically anything with a pulse, including boys, various grandes dames and his own half-sister. He was mad, bad and dangerous to know; and, as an artist, he was fêted for it.

Hmm...no correlation here. I dont have an artistic bone in my body.

Another low and slow one right over the plate...

Somehow this reminds me of the comedian joking about how he never had more sex than when he was a boy scout troop leader...

You talking about Canteen Boy?

e589f97c0f4892b3b59341e2db9016d4

okay i admit it im a slut. there i feel better!

i really am trying to kick the habit, im wearing this damn condom patch.

i guess its working im down to only 2 butts a day

i grew up right in that perfect little window. right after the invention of the birth control pill and before aids.

aaaah life was good!

Back
Top Bottom