How normal do I have to be?

By covering them up with another piece of fabric??:cool:

You can get quite nice small blankets that would do the trick - we have a couple and I will throw one over a chair when I come in sweaty and am not ready to go take a shower. (In the winter they act as warmers on the legs).

I managed to dig down to the dining table surface. That was another bag of trash. How do I clean fabric chairs?

Are these chairs completely covered in fabric or are they wooden chairs with fabric covered seats?

If the former - some fabric cleaner on bad spots and a blanket throw if needed. If the latter, you might just replace the fabric. I've done this before and it's not hard. Just need some fabric and a staple gun or upholstery tacks.

The place is worse than usual because the housekeeper broke her foot and hasn't been here in a month.
I use that one all the time.

You could try cleaning the chair cushions with the rotary brush on the vacuum cleaner-- just hoist it up there and let it run amok. If that doesn't do it then you could try blotting stains with a mix of warm water & vinegar.

If that doesn't work then the it's time for the steam-cleaning attachment on a Rug Doctor, a Bissell steam cleaner, or a dry cleaner who doesn't mind working on upholstery.

I like that so much better than, say, going in through the garage.
Hey, around here that's the main entrance to the house! The front door is for VIPs & strangers...

Hey, around here that's the main entrance to the house! The front door is for VIPs & strangers...

Same here Nords unless the garage is uber junked up;)

Same here Nords unless the garage is uber junked up;)
That just means you have to push stuff around before you can set up the tables & chairs for entertaining said company...

Khan, turn this into a potluck and we'll all be there to help you entertain even if we have to climb into the house through a hole in the roof.

Khan, turn this into a potluck and we'll all be there to help you entertain even if we have to climb into the house through a hole in the roof.

You missed the I hate Potluck thread but just for you Khan I 'd whip out my Southern Barbecue recipe and show up !:)

Heh, I will be having some work colleagues over in a couple of weeks, including two guys from out of town that I do not know well. I am hoping that I manage to pour enough homebrew into them to prevent them from noticing stuff like the fact that my basement lloks like something out of "Hoarders."

We are in Marshall, Minnesota which is not that far away. (On our way to South Dakota tomorrow sometime... maybe.)

I managed to dig down to the dining table surface. That was another bag of trash. How do I clean fabric chairs?

Plan A - use Woolite and vaccum the residue off with a shop vac - not a household vacuum cleaner in case the fabric is still wet. ZAP :eek:

Plan B - throw covers. A nice India print cotton will work wonders. :D

Plan C - Salvation Army expedition :cool:

I am hoping that I manage to pour enough homebrew into them to prevent them from noticing stuff like the fact that my basement lloks like something out of "Hoarders."

:eek:

That show freaks me out.

Heh, I will be having some work colleagues over in a couple of weeks, including two guys from out of town that I do not know well. I am hoping that I manage to pour enough homebrew into them to prevent them from noticing stuff like the fact that my basement lloks like something out of "Hoarders."
After 3 or 4 pints of 9% alcohol honey beer, we will all be peeing in the sink.
The good news is that you won't need to feed them...

Better to whiz in the back yard, while howling at the moon, as god intended...

This would be a good bumper sticker:)

Normal is boring, as is average.

Khan - I suspect pending houseguest is not coming to see if your house is clean....they are coming because they miss your sense of humor. Best read of the night.

I bet he did notice, especially the getting herself dolled up part. Have you seen her picture when she occasionally posts it? The girl smokes.

Ha

I thought bbbamI had given up smoking last year!

:LOL:

Mmmmm, well I'll plead the fifth (no not the whiskey) on smokin', but I will admit there has been a time or two that I have been guilty of a little smolderin'.

...and yes Khan, I'm a voyeur. I look forward to reading how your visit went with your friend.

Ok, Kahn. Cough it up.

Is this the correct weekend (as in Sept 4-6) for your visitor's arrival ? :D

Yes.

The house is as clean as it is going to be (some doors shall remain closed).
Beer is in the fridge along with fruit and vegetables and bacon and eggs and bread...

Back
Top Bottom