How normal do I have to be?

Yes.

The house is as clean as it is going to be (some doors shall remain closed).
Beer is in the fridge along with fruit and vegetables and bacon and eggs and bread...
Good for you! :flowers:
I have used the closed door trick myself a few times. ;)

So when is breakfast? :cool:

Summary of visit:
Houseguest has left the building.
There are no pictures.
Wonder how long the house will stay clean.
The cat is pissed off.

And did you enjoy the visit?
Has the houseguest notice or comment on the clean house?

Whatever - now its time to relax and enjoy that you have your house back!

DSCN4451.JPG

OK, a picture of the dining table after the cleanup.

Very nice, Khan!! :cool:

Either you were exaggerating the need for clean-up, or you got a huge amount done. It looks delightful. :)

Thanks for the update Khan, I hope everything went well and was worth the added stress of getting the house ready.

Oh, and Happy Birthday :flowers:

Happy Birthday! Your dining area looks very nice. I have more company coming in 12 days...old friends from Houston. I even forked out yesterday for some new bedsheets for them so I must like them. A cousin comes from Massachusetts next month for four days over the Columbus Day holiday. As she lives walking distance to the beach on Cape Cod I will have to kill the fatted calf for her in hopes she invites me for a visit next summer. I like it when they come and I like it when they go. My sister and brother in law stayed for two l-o-n-g weeks in July and the dog and I have not gotten over it yet.

Happy Birthday Khan - I am very new to this website and will try my first smily ever :

:)

Trying to learn the etiquette on this site, but enjoying it !

Happy Birthday Khan - I am very new to this website and will try my first smily ever :

What is this etiquette of which you speak? :p

Welcome!

One thing I found useful on joining the site was to be able to look up all the TLA's in use, and found this link very useful.

What brand of beer did you decide to provide?

Samuel Adams Harvest Collection. I sent the unconsumed home with him in a cooler (along with chips and ham and apples and a rose).

I consumed beer and bread and coffee (which I had not done for a long time and shall not for a while).

It's nice to have company for a short while. It's nice to get back to being alone.

Just to sum up.
No details.
It was a very nice weekend.

Perfect - I'm pleased it all went well :)

Well, everyone seems pleased except for the cat. But you know how cats are. Doesn't take much to get them po'ed.

Well, everyone seems pleased except for the cat. But you know how cats are. Doesn't take much to get them po'ed.

I'm sure the cat needed the stimulation - he or she will be complaining about it for weeks :LOL:

The cat seems to be back to normal: asleep on the couch.

It was weird, cat wouldn't even come into the house while guest was here.

The cat seems to be back to normal: asleep on the couch.

It was weird, cat wouldn't even come into the house while guest was here.

Our cats used to be all over guests, wanting neck rubs, chin tickles and the like. A right pair of hussies they were :cool:

Our cats used to be all over guests, wanting neck rubs, chin tickles and the like. A right pair of hussies they were :cool:I

I have had cats like that; not this one.

Back
Top Bottom