How often do you put people on this board on "Ignore?"

I haven't put any forum members on the ignore list, but I have ignored a few threads here and there. Threads sometimes pop back up after being quiet for weeks or months. I'd never remember it for that long, so onto the list it goes.

IMO the ignore feature is best used and then not mentioned in polite company; akin to personal hygiene products or various medications. Use them as you feel you need to but please don't tell the rest of us about it. :nonono:

+1, unfortunately some view it as a source of power and feel the need to let folks know that they can use it...like kryptonite or spinach.

+1, unfortunately some view it as a source of power and feel the need to let folks know that they can use it...like kryptonite or spinach.

Hmmmm.......well maybe you guys should just lock the thread if you don't want us to honestly answer the question to the thread.

I do not have anyone on ignore and probably will not. I have an effective built in noise and BS filter for both written and verbal communication.
My reasons for visiting this forum are
1. Entertainment
2. To gather information
3. On occasion to provide some helpful advice or tidbit of information based on my individual knowledge and experience. What people think or do with it is their own business.

Well, I bow to the supposed moral superiority of those celestial beings who would never consider using the ignore feature, but I am required to deal with enough @ssholes in the workplace, so I see no reason to deal with them here (where I actually have a choice). Plus then I don't have to find space for all that moral superiority or learn to do the "Church Lady" dance.

+1 Brewer on the desire for such a feature at the workplace. And I surely wish there was a better ignore feature for family members. ;)

And I surely wish there was a better ignore feature for family members. ;)
Amen to that!

BTW, I have myself on ignore; don't know what I'm saying half the time :LOL:...

Seriously, I only have one person on ignore currently, replacing another from years ago who has left the forum.

I've never put anybody on these forums on ignore, and probably wouldn't. Even those who I've been in some vigorous heated discussions with have good input and interesting insights in other areas.

On other forums I visit I have put a total of three people on ignore. Typically what that is a result of is explaining something using facts and examples many times and the person not understanding. A good example would be trying to explain how to add 1+1 several times. If the person is too dense to understand how to do that after explicit instruction, I don't feel like wasting my time with them. I come on the forums to relax and engage in discussions and sometimes debates.

I would like to see a forum ban list. much like the Members list, just the handle and how many people have them on ban. I think if people knew they were offending larger or even small portions of the community the might re-think their post. However, some might just try harder.

+1 Brewer on the desire for such a feature at the workplace. And I surely wish there was a better ignore feature for family members. ;)

At least yours don't gamble compulsively and all live within 3 miles of you. :)

Maybe just have next to the "Report Post" triangle icon a toggle to ignore/no ignore that poster. Ignoring and un-ignoring would be as simple as a click.

Ha,
I guess we are looking at it from two points of view. I am not looking for public shaming. I think that if people know they are offending someone, most would change the tenor of their post. If I saw a few people had me on their ban list, it would be one thing, but if I saw I was on a hundred of so, I would have to think long and hard about the way I post.

Ha,
I guess we are looking at it from two points of view. I am not looking for public shaming. I think that if people know they are offending someone, most would change the tenor of their post. If I saw a few people had me on their ban list, it would be one thing, but if I saw I was on a hundred of so, I would have to think long and hard about the way I post.

In at case, what you want is the ability to see who has ignored you or how many people have ignored you. That does not require a public list, which I think would be a harmful thing. But since all of this presumably requires functionality the software does not have, this is all so much speculation.

I tried to ignore all the mods, but that didn't end well............:)

Such lovely replies....and I didn't think I'd have any sunshine in my life today! :LOL:

See y'all on the flip side...:greetings10:

Naw, nobody on ignore. My skin is thicker than that.

But I was weaned on postings back in the BBS days (for those who perhaps may not know what that is: Bulletin board system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). They were usually moderated, but unless someone was actually making death threats they were pretty free-wheeling.

It requires keeping in mind that what is "here" is words on a screen, nothing more, nothing less, and there will always be someone who disagrees with me, or you.

Besides, if we all agreed with each other, what would be left to talk about?

Back
Top Bottom