I am 65 today should I feel different?

Happy birthday. I'll catch up to you next year.

Happy Birthday Ray!:dance:

+ 1

my birthday ( if i get there ) at the end of the year will be less exciting than yours ( coffee is on the banned list , no dog to walk )

no boss to torment with a retirement party

or you feeling better now ??

cheers !!!

Happy Birthday. I turned 65 last Tuesday. Celebrated it by doing a in home sleep study and having it billed to Medicare. I had been putting it off for awhile because of the cost due to the deductible on my old ACA plan.
Other than that, it was just another day. I remember I used to think being 65 was being ancient, life was over. Now it does not seem so old!

Happy belated birthday, it sounds like you are getting into the groove of retirement, and enjoying each day...congrats, we all hope to achieve this in our lives.

You should feel an urgent need to yell, "get off the lawn" and shake your fist at the same time.

Congrats. Having just hit 65 last month, welcome to the club. You're officially "old", can't really claim to be part of "Early" retirement anymore. Lol.

Congrats. Having just hit 65 last month, welcome to the club. You're officially "old", can't really claim to be part of "Early" retirement anymore. Lol.

Funny but having a great job that i enjoyed and working until 64.5 feels like a victory... why retire if you love your job? I am afraid too many are wasting life rushing to retire from a job they hate.

I am afraid too many are wasting life rushing to retire from a job they hate.

I think a more accurate way to phrase this might be "too many are wasting their life working in a job they hate." Unfortunately few have the luxury of a job they don't hate or doesn't make them unhappy - only 15% according to a 2017 Gallup poll.

85% of People Hate Their Jobs, Gallup Poll Says

Note the 85% number is a worldwide average. Gallup says the number in the US is 70% and a depressing 94% in China and Japan. Ouch.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom