I wish i was telling lie [friend getting scammed]

Blue Collar Guy

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
My friend, 49 years old married 3 times, working on wife #4 came over looking a bit frazzled. He also came over looking for cash. Seems his current love of his life is leaving him. He calls his potential future mother in law for help in this matter. Apparently the future MIL told him to go see another woman who will remove the "HEX". So for the last week or so he has been burning money with this other woman saying some magical words and trying to win back this young lady . YES :Burning money: . Call me cynical, but i sense that he is the only one getting burned. Im sure they are switching pockets or what ever and he is getting fleeced. I told him i dont really believe in this hex removal, and that the possibility exists that he is being cheated, but he was not hearing my words. He owns a limo company and a security company, but with 3 ex wives and kids everywhere he isnt rolling in the dough. I dont know if the future MIL is complicit in this scam( im sure its a scam), but he needed to see me ASAP as he already hit the ATM earlier for burn money and needed more. I know affairs of the heart are a touchy subject , I lent him $1000, im sure ill get it back. Can you believe in 2017 people still get ripped off like this?

Consider this a financial public service announcement by me. Please dont fall for this.:(

This is no different than feeding a person's drug habit. You would think that after 3 wives, he had seen the light, so to say. Sounds like he needs a lesson in finding the right woman and not marrying her.

....Call me cynical, but ... I lent him $1000, im sure ill get it back. Can you believe in 2017 people still get ripped off like this?

Consider this a financial public service announcement by me. Please dont fall for this.:(

I don't think you are cynical enough. I definitely won't fall for it.

This is no different than feeding a person's drug habit. You would think that after 3 wives, he had seen the light, so to say. Sounds like he needs a lesson in finding the right woman and not marrying her.

I agree on finding another woman, but at this stage he was a bit distraught to suggest it.

I don't know. You are between a rock and a hard place on this one. If you try to convince him "the hex" is a scam maybe you isolate him. If you give him money, which you say you did, he will ask for more. What incentive does the scammer have to cure "this hex"? I wouldn't give him any more money. You are not helping him.

I don't know. You are between a rock and a hard place on this one. If you try to convince him "the hex" is a scam maybe you isolate him. If you give him money, which you say you did, he will ask for more. What incentive does the scammer have to cure "this hex"? I wouldn't give him any more money. You are not helping him.

yeah, i agree. I think he will go to the bank tomorrow, and get me the 1k, maybe not. Im sure he will go to the bank tomorrow to get out more money for this hex remover. The bride said we need to watch the 11 o'clock news, he might go postal if he finds out he is getting taken.

Your friend sounds an awful lot like this guy, who gave his life savings to a fortune teller who promised to get a girl to fall in love with him. When the chosen girl happened to die, the fortune teller said she'd find a replacement. Now the gypsy is in jail and the guy is out $700K. Heartbroken man spends more than $700,000 on psychics, chasing after lover - LA Times
These stories are amazing. One of my brothers married 4 times, absolute proof that the family IQ passed him by. I know there are many successful second and ith marriages on this forum, but in real life every time you spin that wheel your odds go down.

Ha

I might be more cynical - right now you are the only one who we know for sure is out the $1k.

So who is getting scammed here? Your friend by the hex-women? Or you by your friend.... I hope he pays you back so do provide updates!

One of the guys I worked with said he was getting married (for the third time) and told everyone they were welcome to come to the wedding. Someone in the group says, "maybe next time". Cruel but true.

I know there are many successful second and ith marriages on this forum, but in real life every time you spin that wheel your odds go down.

I've read that the statistic is that 70% of second marriages end in divorce. If I'd known that at the time I may not have married DW. Next month will end the 29th year so at this point I'm optimistic. I told that statistic to my older sister who has been married 30+ years to her second husband and she said "Yeah, but those are the people who didn't learn anything the first time."

She's probably right.

These stories are amazing. One of my brothers married 4 times, absolute proof that the family IQ passed him by. I know there are many successful second and ith marriages on this forum, but in real life every time you spin that wheel your odds go down.

Ha

I thought that each wheel spin is an independent event with the same odds? And there is one less woman to choose from (in the whole world inventory) so your odds actually go up a tiny bit?

But I have a neighbor who married and divorced the same woman twice and is still paying her bills (but not marrying her again). :LOL:

There was a similar show on this I saw on "Dr. Phil". This guy was convinced he was helping out this gal and but she and her handler gave these lame excuses to the the guy having him send lots and lots of money supposedly to get something in boxes for him. Sounds crazy, I know.

Did your friend describe exactly was was the "HEX"? Sounds like something those bad gypsy fortune tellers would say.

How heartbreaking! Sounds like your friend needs a good friend like you, right now. As his heart begins to heal, he won't be so vulnerable. Maybe you can cheer him up and help him to ditch the blues and get back into life and having fun.

Right now, it sounds like he is pretty helpless and a likely, vulnerable target for a con like this.

The mention of multiple marriages reminded me of a conversation I overheard at the airport. Two codgers from New York (I could tell by their speech) were getting acquainted in the seats behind us. One said he was "on his fourth wife." The second one said, "What a coincidence, I'm on my fourth wife too." I was in an airport-induced bad mood, and couldn't resist muttering (sotto voce), "I bet they aren't on them much."

There was a similar show on this I saw on "Dr. Phil". This guy was convinced he was helping out this gal and but she and her handler gave these lame excuses to the the guy having him send lots and lots of money supposedly to get something in boxes for him. Sounds crazy, I know.

Did your friend describe exactly was was the "HEX"? Sounds like something those bad gypsy fortune tellers would say.

The HEX is that she is breaking up with him, the why and all the other details were all mashed up in tears.

Follow Up: After he left ,the bride says "Oh she met someone else", my response was " You think?:" Her "YUP""

Since I'm a guy, I hope I can say this. I think guys become so desperate to save what they have (especially "love" of a woman, relationship, however you wish to describe it) that they will go to most any length to save it - even if it's not rational to do so. I've seen it time and again. It virtually never works because the real issue(s) IMO are that people really can not be different than who they are. If two folks can't be who they are and get along, no extreme measure is going to save the relationship. I've once again told you WAY more than I know on this subject, so YMMV.

I still don't know what the heck is HEX? What's the acronym for?

Some sort of voodoo/witchcraft spell/curse I think. He is paying money to a voodoo priestess/priest to remove the spell and his love will return to him.

It's a scam for sure.

You need to go to Norlens (New Orleans) for the real stuff.

Back
Top Bottom