Illegal Immigrants - What To Do?

Martha said:
People from Scotland, England, Ireland, Russia, and a variety of European countries. 

Several years ago I was working with a firm in Alaska when a reference was made to their Russian accountant ::) There I learned that natives near the Artic Circle had been ignoring national borders for a long time in the belief that these were issues of others.

DanTien said:
In some parts of the country, it is becoming politically problematic to oppose illegal immigration.

Am I the only one here who finds this statement alarming?  It's politically a problem if you are against an illegal act?  This is rediculous, and if true, is a sure sign that this country is broken beyond repair.

If we have a problem with cheap labor, fix the legal immigration system...make it more efficient and streamlined while protecting our country.  Build a wall/fence along the southern and northern borders and keep illegals out.  Once they figure out they can't get in, they'll stop trying and maybe they will force a revolution in their own countries to make things better for themselves.

This country can't continue to grow in population.  We are $9 trillion in debt and with the coming retreat of cheap available fossil fuels (Google "peak oil" or read "The Party's Over" or Twilight in the Desert" if you want to learn more about what we are facing in the next decade and beyond), our economy will start to tank and will never recover.  Whether we like it or not, the world is poised to lose billions of people due to overshoot, and they all can't come here to avoid it.  We will be in better shape then some third world countries who will experience mass starvation and war, but we will still be in bad shape, probably worse than the 1930's.  We will most likely find ourselves in the middle of it all unless we can become independent from foreign oil imports which ain't gonna happen with current political and corporate control of the country.

As for those planning their cozy retirements, you may want to consider having a little gold/silver on ths side in the event the banks fail and the dollar hyperinflates...having some real wealth rather than fiat currency and stocks may help in the event we experience the worst.

Sorry for the alarmist post, but I've been doing a lot of reading on this...I hope to God it doesn't materialize but the counter arguements I've run across are statistically weak when weighed against the facts and current human culture.

I just got from the Bahamas on vacation...besides tourism, a big employer is drug trafficing... but the chatter down there lately is that a lot of the former drug runners are now using their super-fast boats to smuggle (illegal) people into the US instead...apparentely it pays pretty good, and the penalties (compared to narcotics) are pretty much a slap on the wrist, so on a risk/reward basis its a booming and profitable business...

Back
Top Bottom