"I'm doing good or "I'm doing well"

How are you doing?

• "I'm doing good"

Votes: 9 16.4%
  • "I'm doing well"

Votes: 46 83.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
At first glance at this post, what jumped to my mind was "What!?!? Haha has become a mod, and decided to shut down this thread?!?! What did I say wrong?!?!". Then, I saw that it was a song. Whew!

Anyway, back on the thread topic, good in "I am doing good" is a noun, so it is still grammatically correct. However, we have plenty of do-gooders already, and do not need another one boasting about doing good. I will not claim that I am doing good, because I don't know if I have done more good than harm.

Last edited:
By the way, the following has been a ritual between my son and I when we see each other.

He would ask "How are you doin', Pa?", and I would answer "Very poorly". He then exclaimed "Arghh!".

At first glance at this post, what jumped to my mind was "What!?!? Haha has become a mod, and decided to shut down this thread?!?! What did I say wrong?!?!". Then, I saw that it was a song. Whew!
The day I become a mod is the day Hell finally freezes over. I failed the aptitude test.

Ha

I voted "well" but have also been known to be "fine", "great", "good", and "hanging in there". Not so much of the latter since ER! :dance::dance:

I used to have an English teacher in high school who was in the market for a used vehicle. He refused to even look at a car that was advertised as "Runs good." By the way, he was one of the best I ever had.

Back
Top Bottom