I'm Going to Limit my Internet Time

TromboneAl

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I've decided I spend too much time on the computer, and I'm going to start limiting it now.

so the first thing you do, having decided you spend too much time on the computer, is to post your decision?

He wont be able to stay away too long.

He'll start longing for bacon and rabbits wearing cupcakes within a matter of hours. The shakes and shivers will set in.

Get the same internet surfing done by going from Largo to Presto.

I've decided that I spend too much time cooking, and I started limiting it a while back.

I got a microwave, an electric wok, and a George Foreman grill. Now, I use these and barely cook

Since I saved all that time by not cooking (much), I've decided to spend more time on the computer.

I was thinking of setting the lawnmower height up a couple clicks and spending more time on the computer.

heh heh heh - :D

Switch to an RSS reader Al - you can skim through the posts in a heartbeat and get back on the bike or the board.

Sounds as if the first step has been taken by an internetholic. Hi Al.

By the way, I can quit anytime I want.

I've decided I spend too much time on the computer, and I'm going to start limiting it now.
Well, you made me look, but it seems you really are offline.

The computer is making you wait. More bandwidth, more gigaflops!

No, I'm serious this time.

Al, hope you finish that car latch thing soon so you can report back to us about how this limitation thing is going. I did it last year for two months, gave myself a reward that got better according to how many weeks I was able to stay off the internet. I used the tick off method, you know, where you draw a short line each day and on day five cross it off, yellow sticker on base of computer instead of me on computer. (My reward was a laptop computer for the home office, which went from Dell to Apple--unclear on the concept?).

Maybe there could be a new separate section, "Temporarily Disconnected" inspired by Bill Murray in "What About Bob?" That movie should be required viewing.

All the best, T-Al, always.

i really should do the same (hmmm, i even saw your point on kronk's travel thread--this is getting scary).

i spend too much time chatting with people online. as lovely as you all are, i really should be spending this time meeting more people in person.

i spend too much time researching what i might do once these houses finally sell when i really should be living the best life i can while i'm stuck here in paradise.

i spend too much time worrying about whether or not my diminishing nest egg will carry me through into my future when--outside of going back to work--i really have very little control over that. stock markets, investments, charts and graphs: in the end it's really just a crapshoot.

this computer has created for me a virtual world through my fingers and eyes alone, but there is no wind on my skin. no taste on my tongue and the only sounds i hear are my fingers tapping and the mouse clicking.

Last edited:
Hey, I understand. I spend too much time here too. Just check in once in awhile and let us know how things are in your neck of the woods.

I'll bet Al is back before Rich_in_Tampa retires (even 20%).

-ERD50

Al, hope you finish that car latch thing soon so you can report back to us about how this limitation thing is going.

If you get a faster Internet connection, you can save time, surf faster and still have time for projects.

....this computer has created for me a virtual world through my fingers and eyes alone, but there is no wind on my skin. no taste on my tongue and the only sounds i hear are my fingers tapping and the mouse clicking.

In the summer, I log on from the backyard hammock. I get sun, wind, birds and an occasional nap :)

Back
Top Bottom