I'm gonna need a lot of devil smileys for this one

cute fuzzy bunny

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
This was better yesterday when they first started it, before they sold out of a lot of stuff, but I see they keep adding new stuff and there are some nice gift baskets if you're in need of a good generic gift.

Half price chocolate clearance at Amazon!

Amazon.com: : Grocery

Use the promo code "chawclat" to knock 50% off the prices. That makes the Vans gift baskets $24, 25 and 32 with free shipping.

There are also some good baking items if you dont mind bulk, like about 8lbs of butterscotch/vanilla chips and some odd items that look a little interesting like organic dark chocolate bars with hemp seeds.

Keep looking every now and then they toss another item into the sale.

I wicked overbought. After my wife and I were done picking through it and ordering I added up all the weights and I think I bought about 40lbs worth. Most of it in baking stuff for cookies, which we can freeze...thank god. Grabbed a couple of the gift baskets for some upcoming birthdays.

GOD BLESS!!! >:D>:D>:D>:D>:D>:D>:D>:D>:D>:D

Nice, Bunny, but chocolate? I can only eat so much of it or I'd start to balloon. I think your new VPGDX is soooo much more exciting. :D

To be truly evil you need to post this in the Wed. Weigh in thread.

Must resist... Spend $500 on a high tech calorie counter don't take advantage of 1/2 of sale.

About to be late for work out class.. Woo hoo I did it.

I hate you CFB!!!

Am I the only one who doesn't care for chocolate?

Yes.

Do a search for "mexican chocolate". They have some of the mexican hot chocolate products still kicking around. Its basically raw chocolate with sugar and cinnamon in a disk you drop into a big coffee cup, add milk and nuke until the milk is hot and the chocolate melts.

The drink of aztec kings. Not a kids hot cocoa and its a bit of an acquired taste but man is it good.

The nestle version is six 19 oz packages for $9. I got the Ibara version yesterday before it sold out.

CFB, I just finished my second "no sugar added rice pudding" b/c I am starving, and you post this thread! :bat:

Oh well, I do see a potential upside...what do you all think of giving one of the gift baskets to my MIL instead of the flowers that we do every year for Mother's Day?

Sorry m'am... :( >:D

No brainer. I love food gift baskets for gifts, both giving and receiving. If theres more than one person in the house, everything will get eaten. Beats getting socks or a sweater.

Good thing you didnt post a Beef Jerky on sale thread. Id probably fly out of my chair frothing at the mouth.

Gonna need a lot of bat smilies

:bat::bat::bat::bat::bat::bat::bat::bat::bat::bat::bat::bat::bat::bat::bat::bat::bat::bat::bat::bat::bat:

After I just join Wed. Weigh Ins? :rant:

Dr. CFB, we just need to shave your head and put you in a gold suit.

Oh I have a jerky source! Expensive but this stuff is fricken amazing. Just well uh expensive.

Nice, Bunny, but chocolate? I can only eat so much of it.......

Mmmmmm......Chocolate!!!!! We went to Chicago last Thursday with our local community college on tour called "For The Love of Chocolate"! We drank hot chocolate, ate chocolate, went to a conservatory to see a cocoa tree, snacked on chocolate, learned some of the history of chocolate, shopped for chocolate, and ate more chocolate!!!

Most of the chocolate we consumed was dark chocolate.......so it was good for our health!!! :D

Mmmmmm......Chocolate!!!!! We went to Chicago last Thursday with our local community college on tour called "For The Love of Chocolate"! We drank hot chocolate, ate chocolate, went to a conservatory to see a cocoa tree, snacked on chocolate, learned some of the history of chocolate, shopped for chocolate, and ate more chocolate!!!

Most of the chocolate we consumed was dark chocolate.......so it was good for our health!!! :D
Yumm!!! If I ever find out that I am dying of cancer or some such thing, the first thing I'll do is drown my sorrows in dark Belgian CHOCOLATE.... :D

Oh I have a jerky source! Expensive but this stuff is fricken amazing. Just well uh expensive.

You know about the guy who does custom jerky over near folsom lake? He lives over by the intersection of green valley and francisco. Has a truck and a wagon but I thought I saw something about him getting a little shop in the lake forest mall either in or across from the safeway. His chuck wagon is natural wood color and has an orange sign.

He's got beef, venison, ostrich, etc.

You know about the guy who does custom jerky over near folsom lake? He lives over by the intersection of green valley and francisco. Has a truck and a wagon but I thought I saw something about him getting a little shop in the lake forest mall either in or across from the safeway. His chuck wagon is natural wood color and has an orange sign.

He's got beef, venison, ostrich, etc.

No, Ive never heard of him. Remember the name? :D

I dont and couldnt turn anything up on a google search, but I've been driving by his house for years and he's often got his cart pushed out on the road selling the stuff. Always meant to stop and try it. Since 1996. So I guess I'm not that impulsive. I guess he's been around forever.

Looks like some new stuff showed up.

Lots of Graffiti Zoo chocolates. All a little bit unusual but very well regarded by more adventurous chocolate eaters. I also see some slightly expensive but very well regarded Dagoba dark chocolate bars.

Looks like those Vans gift baskets are also getting some good reviews. I checked the vans site and the amazon ones are only a little more expensive than the vans shipping charges alone.

Last edited:
Some Jelly Belly stuff just came in too. Heck, ten pounds of JB chocolate bridge mix for about $38...

Yummy! Now they just need to cover it with chocolate.

Hey...chocolate covered bacon...could be something big! One of my favorite snacks is chocolate dipped ridged potato chips...the salt and chocolate really work well together.

Yumm!!! If I ever find out that I am dying of cancer or some such thing, the first thing I'll do is drown my sorrows in dark Belgian CHOCOLATE.... :D

How about this article at WebMD:

"A Dark Chocolate a Day Keeps the Doctor Away"

Here's news that's hard not to like. Eating a small, 1.6-ounce bar of dark chocolate every day is good for you. Very good for you, find Mary Engler, PhD, RN, of the University of California, San Francisco, and colleagues.

Now here is a medical experiment you would love to volunteer for. Engler's team divided 21 healthy adults into two groups. One group got a Dove Dark Chocolate bar every day for two weeks. Like other dark chocolate bars with high-cocoa content, this one is loaded with something called epicatechin. Epicatechin is a particularly active member of a group of compounds called plant flavoniods. Flavoniods keep cholesterol from gathering in blood vessels, reduce the risk of blood clots, and slow down the immune responses that lead to clogged arteries.

The second group that didn't get Dove bars wasn't totally left out. They, too, got dark chocolate bars. But their treats had the flavoniods taken out.

All subjects underwent high-tech evaluation of how well the blood vessels dilate and relax -- an indictor of healthy blood vessel function. Blood vessel stiffness indicates diseased vessels and possible atherosclerosis. Those who got the full-flavonoid chocolate did significantly better. Why? Blood tests showed that high levels of epicatechin were coursing through their arteries.

I love scientific data like this! Life is GREAT!!! ;)

Back
Top Bottom