need advice from people who have done a lot of crazy things in life

You have learned wisdom, Grasshopper

My read on this is that this event was not the first time for either of them. But what do I know after being single from 49 to 54 years of age in a huge city with lots of "singles" clubs.

You know that the leopard does not change its spots.

Where is Ann Landers when you really need her? YMMV

What the heck does this painfully long post have to do with early retirement?

It raises all sorts of possibilities:

Matt will have to delay early retirement due to the costs of divorce/alimony etc if his wife finds out.

Kristi, is thinking early retirement could be easier/faster if she had someone to share the costs like a sugar daddy named Matt.

Reminds me of a song.

They left the bar, got in his car, and they drove away;
They drove to the Family Inn, she didn't even have to pretend.
She waited in the car and he went to the desk,
Made his request while she waited outside.
When he came back with the key she said,
"Give it to me and I'll unlock the door."
She said, "I've never done this kind of thing before, have you?"
Third rate romance, low rent rendezvous
He said, "Yes I have, but only a time or two."

What the heck does this painfully long post have to do with early retirement?

well if my DW was either of these 2 then i would have a very early retirement! Seriously I am beginning to think OP knows way too much. OP, my advise is stay out of this and encourage them to "take it to the grave". If a divorse becomes from this you can rest assured a good attorney would drag OP into the proceedings and likely get their hands on your post. And Marietta is a fairly small town and people do talk. While this novel is entertaining I don't predict a good ending for the players. :popcorn:

well if my DW was either of these 2 then i would have a very early retirement! Seriously I am beginning to think OP knows way too much. OP, my advise is stay out of this and encourage them to "take it to the grave". If a divorce becomes from this you can rest assured a good attorney would drag OP into the proceedings and likely get their hands on your post. And Marietta is a fairly small town and people do talk. While this novel is entertaining I don't predict a good ending for the players. :popcorn:

+1

This has the feel of something going horribly sideways.

Back
Top Bottom