In Search of a New Home Page

Can I assume somehow yahoo targets my individual interests in selecting the "front page" news articles? I swear every time I check the yahoo website it revolves only around Obamacare, Intel, and NFL. I know there has to be more going on in the world than that. When I go to MSN none of those are usually mentioned.
Yes, it uses some sort of cookie tracking, smartness. Just like here on ER there probably is an ad showing at the top with some interest of yours. Just noticed mine is showing an ad for tickets to my favorite pro team's games.

I "tried" the new page and I like some of it. I haven't pressed the button to go forward yet. It has promise.

I will say this about yahoo and many sites: stop the background color madness. That's what like about the old yahoo, simple color scheme. (And ER.org too!)

But as is mentioned in another thread, they need to go for the youngsters, not "old people", so they don't give a flip about readability from middle aged eyes.

A while back I wasn't happy about the last set of Yahoo changes, I suppose the ones that first inspired this thread.

Over the past few months I have become more used to them. For the moment I am perfectly OK with having Yahoo as my homepage.

Can I assume somehow yahoo targets my individual interests in selecting the "front page" news articles? I swear every time I check the yahoo website it revolves only around Obamacare, Intel, and NFL. I know there has to be more going on in the world than that. When I go to MSN none of those are usually mentioned.

Yes. I am getting strange-but-true science articles such as "Ancient Forest Thaws from Melting Glacial Tomb", "Alien Frontier: see the haunting, beautiful weirdness of Mars", and "New Alien Life Claim Far from Convincing". Interesting, because although I have a scientific background, I didn't think my browser patterns would trigger that.

Protopage RSS Reader and Start Page
I have a Yahoo home page, now a pain after the new enhancements and an IGoogle home page that Google is doing away with. Google's response is simply, Use Chrome there are apps for everything you want? Excuse me. This is for a PC running Windows 7 in either Internet Explorer or Firefox. I tried to mess with Chrome to see if I could emulate IGoogle, no. I tried protopage, it's ok

My home page is a blank sheet. I do not like to be informed of a bunch of stuff, most of which I have zero interest in.

I decide where to go and what to look at after the blank raster appears. Uh, just realized raster is dated expression. Lots of white dots nowadays on the screen.

Now if TV stations and some web sites would resume the test pattern...... when no useful info is available to present.

Mine is also a blank sheet. I don't need to be informed every day that JFK, Jimmy Hoffa, and Elvis are all doing fine on Mars.

about:blank

That's mine too. I get on the Internet for a reason, not to have stuff pushed at me!

Back
Top Bottom