Interesting notes/to do list/shopping list app

When I installed it, it gave me the choice of copying the contacts. It stated clearly that it would only copy the names and no other information, and that it does it only to better interpret what you say.

Having said that, I do feel like I always have to defend against apps that are trying to get info or bombard me with ads. I miss my Firefox adblocker Plus and Flashblocker on the iPod.

I realized later that it is doing the transcription at their servers, which shouldn't surprise me, but which makes it less valuable because it will only work when you are connected to the net.

The biggest downside is that you can't use it within another app. That is, you have to close the app, open Dragon Dictation, start dictate, talk, stop dictate, copy text, close DD, open other app, paste.

The biggest downside is that you can't use it within another app. That is, you have to close the app, open Dragon Dictation, start dictate, talk, stop dictate, copy text, close DD, open other app, paste.
You're way ahead of me on these things, Al. I still feel like a newbie on the net. Recently bit the bullet and accepted a couple of Facebook friends. Then yesterday, a cousin and I "became friends." LOL It freaks me out when it suggests that I become friends with a former client. Not a good idea to use a free email address for business; years ago, I set a free one up for use when the main one was down. Hope none of the former clients are friends of my cousin. I tried to delete all their names but I'm not sure they really are gone.

I use an app called "Hungry!" Once I enter stuff, it stays on the list. All I need to do is touch an item and it gets put in the "shopping cart" portion of the app. Then as I put it in the real shopping cart, I touch it again, and its removed from the list.

I tend to shop for the same stuff (milk, bread, coffee, etc) so it took a while to build my list. Now I only occasionally have to add stuff to it.

You're way ahead of me on these things, Al. I still feel like a newbie on the net. Recently bit the bullet and accepted a couple of Facebook friends. Then yesterday, a cousin and I "became friends." LOL It freaks me out when it suggests that I become friends with a former client. Not a good idea to use a free email address for business; years ago, I set a free one up for use when the main one was down. Hope none of the former clients are friends of my cousin. I tried to delete all their names but I'm not sure they really are gone.

The latest trend is deleting all traces of one's presence on Facebook. Facebook is so 2009!

Back
Top Bottom