IRS Law Suit

I called him back and apologized for my attitude and he told me I did the right thing.

Sometimes that guy who calls you from the government, might actually be a guy from the government. Who would have thunk! :facepalm:

Now I want to know what exactly did you say to him :LOL:.

I am sure it is all duly recorded on some server somewhere... :ermm:

Yeah, probably so. I'm actually surprised the method of choice was to call you as the first thought is scam.

I only know the IRS will never call you, says so right on the website.

Other agencies...

I only know the IRS will never call you, says so right on the website.

Other agencies...

Yes that surprised me too. But he is on the other side of the country and I guess trying to track down the thieves and stop any thefts as quickly as possible, so time was critical for him in this case.

Wow, every day! Does it make you wonder what you did to get on that list? I wonder if it's your location or do you answer your phone.

Now I know why some of you get repeat calls.

Where did that telemarketer get your number? From you!

"Of course, there are plenty of other ways for crooked telemarketers to get your phone number, which explains many of the calls that practically everyone gets every day. Answering those calls is, in many cases, not much different from filling out that direct mail lottery card and sending it in. Just by picking up the phone and saying "Hello," you have informed the crook that your phone number is real and someone is home. And you've probably won yourself a spot on one of those sucker lists."

If the IRS says they will never call you, then why do they have a spot on the tax return to include your daytime phone number? If I include my daytime phone number on my tax return, doesn't that mean the IRS might actually call me for some reason relating to my return?

Maybe to verify your identity?

If the IRS says they will never call you, then why do they have a spot on the tax return to include your daytime phone number? If I include my daytime phone number on my tax return, doesn't that mean the IRS might actually call me for some reason relating to my return?

I've always had that same question.

Maybe a long time ago the IRS used to call people but you know how things move at a snails pace at the IRS. Just a guess :LOL:.

Maybe they used to call with questions until the scams started and then stopped so they could report that the "real IRS never calls"?

I thought it was for wire taps not to call you. :LOL:

The IRS does call you if you contact them first and ask for a return call. I just had a nice conversation several weeks ago to sort out a wayward 1099R.

Wow, every day! Does it make you wonder what you did to get on that list? I wonder if it's your location or do you answer your phone.

No, we rarely answer our landline. But now I'm getting them on my cell phone. I don't answer, but they leave a message. They are coming from Omaha. This is the number. I've blocked it now:

+1 (402) 829-9108
Omaha, NE

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

I got a robo-call from the IRS today warning that this was my "final notice" regarding the lawsuit they had filed against me. Does that mean they're going to stop calling now?

I got a robo-call from the IRS today warning that this was my "final notice" regarding the lawsuit they had filed against me. Does that mean they're going to stop calling now?

Now I only Bridget and Carmen from "Card Holder Services" would actually mean it when they say that every damned time they robocall me! :mad:

Got 2 more, reported both numbers;

567 248 6721
510 455 4353

The Mrs tells me we had 3 IRS calls today.. If I were to answer I'd say Taxes we don't need no stinking taxes...

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forumh

I received my first call today. It originated in San Francisco.

Got 2 more, reported both numbers;

567 248 6721
510 455 4353

Who did you report them to?

I don't know of anyone who is doing anything about these scammers. The Do Not Call list is for honest people.

-ERD50

I went to the IRS website and used their link

Which was given on their special fraud advisory page

I don't talk to these criminals and it's never a real person, just a recording. I used to just lift and drop the phone to cut it off but now I let it record and then send the phone number to the Treasury.

Last edited:
I went to the IRS website and used their link

Which was given on their special fraud advisory page

I don't talk to these criminals and it's never a real person, just a recording. I used to just lift and drop the phone to cut it off but now I let it record and then send the phone number to the Treasury.

That's nice, I see lots of info on how to avoid the scams (I guess it would be non-PC to say "Use your brain!" :facepalm: ). But what would the IRS or FTC actually do with a reported number? I can't imagine that they'd try to track them down. The number is likely spoofed, and the bad guys are probably not in the US.

I suspect your report ends up something like this:

-ERD50

Why are you asking me? Call the IRS and ask them.

I'm just reporting fraud as a concerned citizen.

I'll take your advice and not do anything from now on.

I just got a robocall threatening legal action

925-678-0661

Back
Top Bottom