It's offical - this country is insane.-

dex

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
We are insane - lets just admit it. Can you imagine Osama and the boys in the cave laughing about this one? Really, think his next video should be a compliation of all the stupid things we have done to ourselves.

LOS ANGELES, California (CNN)
-- The Transportation Security Administration said Friday its officers at a Texas airport appear to have properly followed procedures when they allegedly forced a woman to remove her nipple rings -- one with pliers -- but acknowledged the procedures should be changed.
Nipple ring search procedures faulty, TSA admits - CNN.com

In a statement earlier Friday, the TSA said it "is well aware of terrorists' interest in hiding dangerous items in sensitive areas of the body. Therefore, we have a duty to the American public to resolve any alarm that we discover."

Yes we are insane

What will they ban next? This? It looks dangerous to me.
YouTube -

Someone please enlighten me, but are authorities are afraid of what with such piercing?...that the woman will take it off mid flight and attack the pilot with it?

Someone please enlighten me, but are authorities are afraid of what with such piercing?...that the woman will take it off mid flight and attack the pilot with it?
No one's worried that the nipple rings are a danger.

Here's a rationale that makes sense -- consider this example:

The TSA wands a woman's boobs, and gets a positive signal. The woman says "Oh, that's just my nipple ring!"

At that point, they need proof that the result is caused by a nipple ring, and not by a razor blade taped into the bra (or inside a mission-impossible type latex pretend boob front). The only conclusive proof is to remove the nipple ring, and retest the boob, and get no signal.

In other words, if you were a terrorist, you could just put a razor blade on your boob, then cover it with silly putty, add a pretend nipple with a nipple ring in it. When the wand beeps, you just say "Oh, that's my nipple ring." If they don't make you take it off, you can hijack the plane.

i am willing to stick my neck out there and do a taste test only with females.

No one's worried that the nipple rings are a danger.

Here's a rationale that makes sense -- consider this example:

The TSA wands a woman's boobs, and gets a positive signal. The woman says "Oh, that's just my nipple ring!"

At that point, they need proof that the result is caused by a nipple ring, and not by a razor blade taped into the bra (or inside a mission-impossible type latex pretend boob front). The only conclusive proof is to remove the nipple ring, and retest the boob, and get no signal.

In other words, if you were a terrorist, you could just put a razor blade on your boob, then cover it with silly putty, add a pretend nipple with a nipple ring in it. When the wand beeps, you just say "Oh, that's my nipple ring." If they don't make you take it off, you can hijack the plane.

Hey, your scenario could become a good TSA recruiting ad.

Terrorist:
"I'm taking over the plane. Stand back or I'll give you a close shave."

CNN reporter
"This just in. In another threat to the American way of life a terrorist has taken over an airplane and ... my god (lower chase intentional) ..threatened a close shave to any man or woman with a hairy upper lip. We now go to our Hollywood reporter.
Bubbabobby, how is Holloywood taking this. BoubbaJill, Brad Pitt the king of the 5 o'clock shadow feels threatened. Back to you BubbaJill.
What will the terrorist do next force teenage boys to pull up their pants?
Next on CNN: Terrorism does it cause age lines?"

Why stop at razor blades? With the size of some of those fake ones, they could hide a fertilizer bomb in there.

This thread is going to take a rapid turn downhill I think....

Why stop at razor blades? With the size of some of those fake ones, they could hide a fertilizer bomb in there.

This thread is going to take a rapid turn downhill I think....

Any woman with a C cup implant needs to go on the terrorist watch list...lord knows what they can pack in there.

Any woman with a C cup implant needs to go on the terrorist watch list...lord knows what they can pack in there.
Maybe the 3oz rule should be put into effect.
3oz of a liquid implant and ...? I can't even think how to handle that one.

I suppose there will be s special inspection line at the airport or an edict to not wear jewelry.

Not as easy or funny as it sounds, but I don't have the answer. The most unfortunate aspect of the story I read was that the woman evidently offered to remove her shirt/bra in a private setting for a female TSA officer. Rejecting that offer and forcing her to (obviously painfully) remove the nipple ring(s) with pliers sounds like an overzealous interpretation of "the rules" by the TSA person. Common sense didn't seem to prevail here, but I'd have to hear the TSA side of the story to be sure - you usually have to hear both to know what's happened. Unfortunate...

If pliers is the method of removal... I suspect people will choose to travel unadorned with their jewelry.

I am sure the woman was embarrassed (and a little angry). The TSA workers that snickered and thought it was funny should be reprimanded. In their position of power, they should be polite, but stoic.

Are they going to expect my mother to remove her artificial hip? :eek:

No. My FIL has one too, and they gave him some documentation to that effect for the purpose of travel. He doesn't care, the last time he flew in an airplane was WWII.

This thread is starting to go sour.

I'm having a hard time closing my mouth after watching the woman crush those cans with her breast. How does she do that without feeling excruciating pain? I don't get it...I've heard of losing sensitivity, but not THAT much. I'm leaving here now...just shaking my head and walking away from this conversation....:rolleyes:

The only conclusive proof is to remove the nipple ring, and retest the boob, and get no signal.
T-AL. That just doesn't make sense. Based on that theory, you would have to operate on people to temporarily remove pins in bones and plates in heads. All they need to do is have a woman agent do a strip search and wand the area around the ring.

I never had a problem going through the security....how big were the nipple rings?

Back
Top Bottom