iTunes 11 - big changes!

Midpack

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Downloaded it yesterday and spent time playing with it today. I like it, but it's much different than earlier versions, a considerably more radical change than Apple has ever made before. Looks much more like the iPad/iPhone/iPod versions now. Some of my music (and other) library got a little messed up in the process (duplicates mostly), but easily fixed.

Not sure how many here use iTunes, but some I'm sure.

I guess I should convert to Windows 8 too while I'm open to change. :wiseone:

Last edited:
I downloaded it earlier today and I like it so far. Seems more responsive than the older version, and I like the new layout.

Thanks for the warning. I have a nice sync program for my Android phone. I'll probably wait until I know it will work with the new iTunes.

I tried it out. Some stuff I deleted earlier showed up (podcasts) but otherwise no major complaints at this point.

I played with it last night and this morning, have the mini-player on right now. First impression was good and the more I explore, the more I like it. Up next is a cool feature IMO. I guess many users are 'disappointed' that cover flow disappeared - I thought it was novel but didn't use it much.

You can't blame Apple for making the iTunes (or any of their software) as much alike as possible between Mac/PC, iPod, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, or other. With mobile taking over, familiarity will be a big selling point.

Back
Top Bottom