Jeff Bezos divorcing

Heard of Brexit? Well, this is Bzexit. :) And, like Brexit, Bzexit is likely to be extremely messy. How much of the Bezos empire will disappear into the pockets of the small army of lawyers, accountants, and property/business managers necessary to make Bzexit a reality? :confused: We little folk may never know. :nonono:

I don’t envy MacKenzie. It’s going to be hard to find a meaningful relationship with that much fame/money.

They had one for 25yrs...now it's time for them to par-tay!
That's how it works these days...

I wonder how long it will take Jeff Bezos to get back to the number one spot as the richest person on the planet.

I think I heard today that Mrs. Bezos will be around the number five wealthiest person on the planet after the divorce is final.

That is crazy money. I wonder how much money they make off their money each night while they sleep?

I just read that Bezos had texted his mistress some photos of his genitals.

But I read in the same article that his wife discovered the affair when he saw the name of the “other woman” on the manifest of Bezos’ private jet.

As much as they try to keep this “above board” and classy, it looks like it will quickly devolve into tawdry tabloid fodder.

Which is fine by me! [emoji23]

Last edited:
I just read that Bezos had texted his mistress some photos of his genitals.

But I read in the same article that his wife discovered the affair when he saw the name of the “other woman” on the manifest of Bezos’ private jet.

As much as they try to keep this “above board” and classy, it looks like it will quickly devolve into tawdry tabloid fodder.

Which is fine by me! [emoji23]

Got a link to the article??

I agree a lot of the divorce talk here last couple of days has evolved into sniping.

However I hope that these high profile divorces serve as a helpful reminder for prospective newlyweds that they need to think through the potential financial and legal implications of marriage before signing the papers.

So much time and money is spent on the wedding and other bells and whistles. Why not drop a few hundred for a couple hours with a family law attorney too? It’s far less than would be spent for two lawyers and a divorce later on.

Nobody thinks a divorce or unhappy marriage is going to happen to them. But it happens a lot!!

Speaking from my personal experience, getting a pre-nup is actually a pretty substantial pain-in-the-ass. For it to be something that will stand up in court, you each need your own lawyer, and they have to pass it back and forth with changes to show that one side is not just dictating terms. It cost my wife and I a few thousand, not a few hundred.

I do recommend that people with substantial assets get one though. Even beyond the financial protection, it is worth going through the exercise because it will help both people understand each other a little better going into the marriage. It is also unpleasant and stressful, which may prevent a few marriages that are unlikely to make it. It's like the old adage that you should always go camping with someone before you get married. :)

I'm approaching 12 years in the marriage, and at this point the pre-nup would be pretty unimportant. What I considered substantial assets at the time are now a modest consideration compared to the marital assets.

Maybe a pre-nup makes people understand each other.

You mentioned financial protection.I wouldn't rely on it helping me one bit. If a judge throws it out, guess what?

Save yourself a few thousand, and possibly half of what you own, half of what you make in the future, and half of any retirement accounts or pensions...simply by not getting married.

Bezos is out 70 billion or so, all because he didn't take my advice.

Maybe a pre-nup makes people understand each other.

You mentioned financial protection.I wouldn't rely on it helping me one bit. If a judge throws it out, guess what?

Save yourself a few thousand, and possibly half of what you own, half of what you make in the future, and half of any retirement accounts or pensions...simply by not getting married.

Bezos is out 70 billion or so, all because he didn't take my advice.

I’m sure he never dreamed he’d be worth so much when he got married.

Probably a reasonable expectation of being at least decamillionaire since he was already successful on Wall Street.

But he knew his net worth and the lack of a prenup when he started cheating.

After looking at the British Tabloid article, Mrs. Sanchez is pretty hot for 49 years old. At least he's not running around with 25 year olds like Musk is. :LOL:

After looking at the British Tabloid article, Mrs. Sanchez is pretty hot for 49 years old. At least he's not running around with 25 year olds like Musk is. :LOL:

Why would that be bad?

I used to watch the news on tv back about 20 years ago(25 years?). Sanchez was on channel 13. In all honesty, I thought she was as close to gorgeous as one can be. I also recall she seemed like a fun person to be around, good sense of humor type.

Why would that be bad?

I used to watch the news on tv back about 20 years ago(25 years?). Sanchez was on channel 13. In all honesty, I thought she was as close to gorgeous as one can be. I also recall she seemed like a fun person to be around, good sense of humor type.

In my reading it says Sanchez has three children of her own, besides the four the Bezos have (how did she jet around like that so easily with Bezos - what type of excuse did she use?)....divorce is not pretty and the damage is not just done to the parties involved but their immediate family, too. The timing of the announcement right before the National Enquirer article came out is suspect, too. I wonder if Mrs Bezos had a different understanding of the situation than Mr Bezos. In any case, how very embarrassing for all involved, money or not. It also goes to show that all the money in the world doesn't bring about good relationships - those take a different type of work.

Last comment, it probably will be very difficult for Mrs Bezos to find someone else without that nagging feeling about it being for the money. There are lots of gold diggers out there and she would be one big fish to catch. I do not envy her.

In my reading it says Sanchez has three children of her own, besides the four the Bezos have (how did she jet around like that so easily with Bezos - what type of excuse did she use?)....divorce is not pretty and the damage is not just done to the parties involved but their immediate family, too. The timing of the announcement right before the National Enquirer article came out is suspect, too. I wonder if Mrs Bezos had a different understanding of the situation than Mr Bezos. In any case, how very embarrassing for all involved, money or not. It also goes to show that all the money in the world doesn't bring about good relationships - those take a different type of work.

Last comment, it probably will be very difficult for Mrs Bezos to find someone else without that nagging feeling about it being for the money. There are lots of gold diggers out there and she would be one big fish to catch. I do not envy her.

I have a feeling Mrs. Bezos will somehow struggle on and overcome her many difficulties.

Nah - the 'money is no object' crowd tends to associate socially with other members of this crowd, so I seriously doubt that MKB will be regularly fending off date requests from anyone who could remotely be considered a gold-digger.

Take, for example, a situation with which I'm personally familiar - owning a multi-milllion dollar property in a gated community on Antigua. While visiting there, the owners and their guests associate socially only with other members of their class (there are, of course, plenty of domestic staff, but these aren't social relations).

I can't come anywhere close to spending the amount of money required to break into MKB's social circle. So, a date with MKB isn't likely. :nonono:

I don't think either one is too concerned about money at this level of wealth.

So Jeff "loses" $70B it doesn't change anything except where he stands on the world's richest man list. Still has plenty to continuing funding Blue Origin $1B per year and maintain his lifestyle.

Mr. T, thanks for answering my questions. Interesting because none of my kids or my friends children have chosen to have kids outside of marriage. We also live on the West Coast. Sorry that it didn’t work out for you. It’s always painful for relationships to end.

They were married before Amazon, all the wealth was accumulated after marriage, so would be split 50/50.

Ditto to this.

Pre-nups typically apply only to assets 'brought into' the marriage.

Just 'cause he's the man doesn't mean he gets all the assets created or acquired during the marriage. Hello 2018!

And...!...she did actual work on the ground floor, aka their garage, of Amazon.

Last edited:
... and his ex the most eligible bachelorette!

Not necessarily. Massive wealth can buy superficial glitz and glamour that conceals physical, emotional, and/or intellectual poor health, but only for awhile. Financial good health is only one piece of the pie, and some folks would argue that it's not the most important piece. That said, in the unlikely event that MKB wants to fly me to Nice for a date, I would be willing go along after some initial token resistance to preserve my dignity. :D

As with the other thread on divorce, this one is quickly devolving into sniping and not adding value to the forums. Keep it up and the same outcome will happen quicker here.

Instead, if you have relevant commentary to ADD to the specific topic that you believe is helpful to the ER community, please post accordingly.

What in the world would any comments on this be remotely helpful to the ER community? They are exponentially richer than any of us on here.

IMHO, acquiring wealth via working hard and figuring out how to create a successful business with the failures along the way is different than being born into it. I'm sure they struggled as a young couple, to make ends meet and understand the importance of a normal lifestyle, as stated in that reuters article.

Back
Top Bottom