Abandoning EVs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently heard a statistic that I share with my EV friends.
92% of all EVs ever built are still on the road. The other 8% made it home. :)

Gets my vote for "POST OF THE DAY!"

My 2016 F-150 has a 36 gallon tank which gives me 700+ miles to deal with. I can get from Boston to Ohio for my next fill-up without dealing with Pennsylvania's high gas tax.
Fortunately, I can afford gas at $3 per gallon...

Heh, heh, with a 700 mile range, I could spend a couple of days going around my Island - 10 times!:cool:

In the UK the latest sales figures for new cars show the percentage of PHEV and BEV vehicles staying around 15%.

The graph shows a peak in Dec, 2022 over 30% which was because that was the beginning of the end of the government subsidy on new EVs. (It actually dropped a lot end of 2022 and disappeared altogether a few months later)

Attachments

• How many EVs are there in the UK - EV market stat….jpg
    How many EVs are there in the UK - EV market stat….jpg
    273.9 KB · Views: 7
I think I also read somewhere that Chrysler has backpedaled on its plans to replace the Charger and Challenger with a dedicated EV. Although I've heard they're not building the Hemi V8 after the end of the 2023 calendar year, so I dunno what the replacement is going to have.

In trucks, I heard they're using something called a "Hurricane" Twin Turbo V6 that's supposed to replace the Hemi, and I guess they're going to keep producing the base 3.6 V6.

I just looked at the EPA's website though, and they're still showing the 5.7 and 6.2 Hemi V8s being offered on the 2024 Ram, in addition to the 3.6 V6. Still, it could be one of those things where they're still planning to phase out the Hemi, but for the time being, the early 2024s are getting it? With the auto industry, model years and calendar years don't always jive up.

So, the car stopped initially after hitting the pedestrian that had been thrown into its path, but then pulled off to the side to get out of traffic not realizing that it was dragging the casualty along with it. Ouch.

In the crash, another vehicle with a person behind the wheel struck a pedestrian, sending the person into the path of a Cruise autonomous vehicle. The Cruise initially stopped but still hit the person. But it then pulled to the right to get out of traffic, pulling the person about 20 feet (six meters) forward. The pedestrian was pinned under one of the Cruise vehicle’s tires and was critically injured.

If the driver of an EV car hits a pedestrian, is the driver charged with battery?

I would have considerably more confidence in the accuracy of this "true EV cost" article if it came from a group that wasn't funded, at least in part, by Chevron, ExxonMobil, and other fossil fuel interests (per Wikipedia).

Tough to know who and what to believe these days.

I would have considerably more confidence in the accuracy of this "true EV cost" article if it came from a group that wasn't funded, at least in part, by Chevron, ExxonMobil, and other fossil fuel interests (per Wikipedia).

Wikipedia isn't reliable. And the people funding the EV agenda aren't reliable either.

I'm sure that if there were falsehoods in the article that foliviere posted they would be easy to rebut with facts. But if they can't be rebutted, then why are they being ignored?

Well overall average selling price of new cars is still around $50k.

If that is the average, I'd like to know the median price. Just looked at a local dealer's inventory of Buicks (GM's lux nameplate) and out of 31 new Buicks in inventory, only six are more than $50K and the highest price is $60K. No new GMC trucks were over $50K.

A local Toyota dealer has 29 new vehicles over $50K, out of 143 total.

Makes me think there has to be some super-expensive vehicles out there driving up the average price.

I'm in violent agreement with you. The petroleum industry is also on that unreliable list is the point I was trying to make. Everyone has an agenda it seems...

Facts seem to be a lot harder to come by these days. I used to think that the internet would help because theoretically ALL of the information would be out there for people to see and then they could weed out the BS. Man, was I ever wrong. :facepalm: :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom