John Galt update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, I think you're good to go unless you exceed Johns post count, his IQ, make fun of a mensa member that cant operate a photo scanner, notice that almost everything he says is BS, follow his investment advice or marry him.

I'm starting to feel sorry for John G.

dex said:
I'm starting to feel sorry for John G.
I think you need to read a few of the posts & [moderator edit] before you come to that conclusion.

[moderator edit] "Hoist on his own petard" or "stewed in his own juice"-- sure. But "sorry"? No way.

Nords, what happened to JG's X wifes post from the other day? It was gone in a flash.

Nords said:
I think you need to read a few of the posts & [moderator edit]you come to that conclusion.

[moderator edit] "Hoist on his own petard" or "stewed in his own juice"-- sure. But "sorry"? No way.

Here is the "rest of the story". First, no one should feel sorry for me.
I enjoy a lifestyle very few will ever attain. [Moderator edit] It is a shame really. [Moderator edit] Remember, there are always 2 sides
to every dispute. [Moderator edit]

JG

73ss454 said:
Nords, what happened to JG's X wifes post from the other day? It was gone in a flash.

Just like my ex-wife. :) I've been gone a while. Is my ex. posting here?
Arrrrgggh!

Seriously, it's never pleasant (up to bat 2 times so far). I hope my former
spouse is not posting under my name again.

JG

soupcxan said:
For the love of humanity, why doesn't this board have an "ignore posts by member" feature?

Here's the deal............I don't really see the appeal. It's like TV.
If you don't like it, don't watch it. If it's to punish me, that would be a
waste. Normally, I prefer my own stuff to anything anyone else
puts out there. Actually, if the "ignore" feature took hold, I would
probably double my efforts so that I would have something
interesting to read.

JG

Nords said:
I think you need to read a few of the posts & [moderator edit] before you come to that conclusion.

[moderator edit]. "Hoist on his own petard" or "stewed in his own juice"-- sure. But "sorry"? No way.

Gosh, I wish now that I had posted what I wrote originally. I really "niced it down".

You forgot claims of real estate brilliance that turns out to be the advice "location, location, location", business and managerial brilliance that is expressed by hiring and firing every single person that applies for a job, the personal attacks because your IQ or post count is higher than his, claiming to retire on a quarter million and living a good life when he's actually living off of his wifes paycheck, etc.

"Changing the channel" or ignoring a post is easy. When you have to hit "page down" three times and then click on the next page to get past the 5-8 serial brain fart posts to move from one actual in-context post to the next, its a bit of a pain. When you have to do that on almost every post, its irritating.

If there was anything valuable or constructive coming forth, other than an occasional funny line once in a while, it'd be different.

Just a lot of horsepuckey, in great big gobs, and it comes at you plentiful and steaming...

OK, let us talk about some ground rules here.

I know and JG knows that he inspires anomosity in a number of people for a number of reasons. If you are fairly new to the Forum you would wonder why people are saying what they say on this thread and wonder why the attacks. However, if you know JG's posting style you would know that he also feels free to attack posters, including those who are being very hard on him in this thread.

I already have deleted certain posts that were clear personal attacks disclosing personal information. I told the person who made the posts that I deleted the post and why. I will delete from posts purported personal information that was not disclosed by JG. This is not appropriate for the board. I have gone through this thread and removed some other information from posts that I believe is not appropriate.

If anyone has any thoughts on the issues, send me a pm.

the ground rules are certainly reasonable... but sure takes some of the fun out it!

d said:
the ground rules are certainly reasonable... but sure takes some of the fun out it!

Well it's always fun and games until someone gets an eye put out!

Martha said:
OK, let us talk about some ground rules here.

I know and JG knows that he inspires anomosity in a number of people for a number of reasons. If you are fairly new to the Forum you would wonder why people are saying what they say on this thread and wonder why the attacks. However, if you know JG's posting style you would know that he also feels free to attack posters, including those who are being very hard on him in this thread.

I already have deleted certain posts that were clear personal attacks disclosing personal information. I told the person who made the posts that I deleted the post and why. I will delete from posts purported personal information that was not disclosed by JG. This is not appropriate for the board. I have gone through this thread and removed some other information from posts that I believe is not appropriate.

If anyone has any thoughts on the issues, send me a pm.
Do we get to propose ground rules and vote on them? Here's one:

1) No moderator should be allowed to protect any condescending know-it-all poster from the rath of other posters.

The gods know they've never done anything to protect me. :) :D :D

Should I start a poll and see if that one flies? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

sgeeeee said:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

"And the gods laughed as they watched over the tiny helpless mortals"

"He cares for these helpless mortals......that shall be his undoing"........(Highlander)

Martha said:
I already have deleted certain posts that were clear personal attacks disclosing personal information.

Dang it! I hate it when they do this! I always miss the good stuff! ;)

sgeeeee said:

Hey, you can BECOME one of the tyrants. Then you'd get to become a do-gooder...or you'll just be absorbed into the cartel and borged into one of them... :LOL:

Geez Martha, I cant even tell what you took out of my post...which is STILL nicer than the first one I came up with.

Do we get to re-re-re quote some of "the kings" posts where he derides people who said they were leaving and then came back? I was figuring Nords to be good for that almost any minute now.

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
Hey, you can BECOME one of the tyrants. Then you'd get to become a do-gooder...or you'll just be absorbed into the cartel and borged into one of them... :LOL:

Geez Martha, I cant even tell what you took out of my post...which is STILL nicer than the first one I came up with.

Do we get to re-re-re quote some of "the kings" posts where he derides people who said they were leaving and then came back? I was figuring Nords to be good for that almost any minute now.

My money's always on Nords for saying things in a mellow manner that have a lot of kick.............. ;)

You know people in rereading this thread, somehow I'm not feeling the love like I thought I would. I need to feel the love people. What happened to we're all a happy family?

:D

My Dream said:
You know people in rereading this thread, somehow I'm not feeling the love like I thought I would. I need to feel the love people. What happened to we're all a happy family?
:D

Don't worry..........I still love ya............ ;)

FinanceDude said:
My money's always on Nords for saying things in a mellow manner that have a lot of kick.............. ;)
How about this: after months of effort and several lapses, I've decided that it's best to ignore it in the hope that it'll stop feeding off the attention and just go away.

Or else it'll get more & more frustrated and wrap more rope around its neck until we feel it's necessary to ban it.

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:

. . .
I have more faith in Dory than to believe he would have the bad judgement to make me a modulator. And I have more sense than to accept. I do my best work as an outside instigator. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

sgeeeee said:
I have more faith in Dory than to believe he would have the bad judgement to make me a modulator. And I have more sense than to accept. I do my best work as an outside instigator. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

You would make a good one!! My credibility took a severe hit earlier this week when Martha suggested I was "channeling" JG.................. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom