kindle cover recommendation?

ronin

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Just got a Kindle paperwhite and would like to get a cover to protect it. Anybody got a recommendation? Also, anyone use a gizmo for holding this thing while you are sitting or in bed? Seems a little awkward so far.

they are pretty tough and I don't use a cover for mine around the house and bedroom. I have the cheapest slip on type cover from Amazon that I use when I have it out and about for travel and such. Be sure to get one made for the paperwhite. No gizmo it's no different then holding a book once you get used to it.

I also have the Omoton cover for my paperwhite. It's cheap and it works fine.

If you're getting a cover that opens like a book, make sure to get one with a magnet in the corner so the Kindle automatically wakes when it opens. Otherwise you have to press the switch on the bottom every time. It seems like a minor thing, but it really is a nice feature.

I never got a cover for mine for around the house. There is just no reason for it.

For travel, I got a generic $1 cover at the dollar store, that way I just drop it into my carry-on backpack. Just a cover it slips into.

Generally, I don't baby any of my handheld devices. The technology and batteries tend to go bad way before something physically harms them.

Another recommendation for the Omoton cover. Thin and light, offers good protection, folds back. Definitely nice to have that swipe feature that cathy mentioned. Well worth it.

That's pretty much what I have come up with. I ordered this one for travel. Cheap enough to pitch if it falls apart or I don't like it for some reason. Toss it in a backpack, should be fine. May get the Omoton later if it seems like I need the on/sleep auto feature. A little leery of the reviews that said it wouldn't turn off or would turn back on by itself later. Anyone notice that with yours?

Last edited:
No. Never had a problem with the Omoton case. It just works. Very compact. It is a little finicky if you want to remove the shell and just use the bare kindle to read, but I don't often remove it. I bought it on ebay for about $8 used (factory return) and would have happily paid double or essentially the going price on Amazon

Back
Top Bottom