Join Early Retirement Today

Old 01-12-2019, 04:26 PM   #21
Full time employment: Posting here.

I have used linkyo toner cartridges for years. Started getting them for our office printers when I still worked. I use them in my home laser printer and get a couple of years out of a toner cartridge without any issue.

wmc1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-12-2019, 07:20 PM   #22
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I also have a Brother Laser printer. The first 2 replacement cartridges were high yield (5000 pages) OEM and worked fine, I got the expected page yield.

However, the last one I got has not been working, every attempt to duplex jammed the printer. The company sent me a replacement cartridge that is not jamming, but for some reason nothing is printing out on some pages of a multiple page job (e.g. if I send 4 pages to be printed duplex, pages 2 and 3 will print, pages 1 and 4 will not). I am testing some more this weekend... originally I asked for a refund for the first one, but the company said they would send me a replacement without having to send the first one back.

It has me kind of wary right now, if this one does not work I am going to demand a refund and no replacement. Perhaps I should have tried refilling the almost empty but working cartridge.

Old 01-12-2019, 07:29 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollystomper View Post
if I send 4 pages to be printed duplex, pages 2 and 3 will print, pages 1 and 4 will not
I wish I could be of more help, but I've seen this before. I don't believe it's the cartridge but a setting in the print settings (the default template has been changed) or the printer settings. Google it and see if anything comes up that will help.
Old 01-12-2019, 10:06 PM   #24

When I serviced printers I saw a *lot* of issues with aftermarket refilled toner cartridges. They were clearly originally OEM HP cartridges refilled, relabeled, and perhaps refurbished.

On the other hand, I never got calls for printers with no problems, so I can't judge percentages. But I've been at offices with 2-3 "extra" "new" 3rd-party refurbs and had them all bad with various issues.

And it's been...7+ years since I've had a job where I might service printers, so things might have changed.
BigMoneyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 10:56 PM   #25
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Location: Spending the Kids Inheritance and living in Chicago
We are on our second Brother laser printer each has lasted many years and gone through many refills.
We use refilled cartridges and have not had a problem for over a decade.

Before I put in a "new" cartridge , I take out the existing one, and over a garbage can shake ( a trick I learned at work ) it spreads around the powder that is stuck in a clump or a corner and it will print another few dozen pages or more.
Old 01-13-2019, 07:50 PM   #26

I used to use refill kits from printerinkwarehouse , but now the aftermarket brand new cartridges are so cheap, I just get those, same place. ( I have used cannon laser printers for about 15 years) Have had no problems with aftermarket, 1/4 the oem cost.

When I last worked, they bought 3rd party refurbished HP toners with mixed results
Lakewood90712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 06:58 AM   #27

I also use linkyo toner carts after looking on Amazon to see which had the best reviews.
ncbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 07:50 PM   #28
Recycles dryer sheets

I bought one OEM cartridge for our Canon laser printer (purchased in 2015). Since that one ran out I have purchased two off-label ones that have both performed just fine. And I think the off-label ones have lasted longer, too.

lhamo is offline   Reply With Quote