Brother MFCL2750DW Laser All In One Printer

eytonxav

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Anyone own a Brother MFCL2750DW monochrome all in one laser printer, and if so, what do you think of it? My HP Officejet All in One inkjet has caused periodic issues for a long time and I've contemplated dumping it several times, but sometimes it prints and other times it doesn't, so enough is enough. It is about 10 years old.

I don't have that specific model but have used a Brother MFC-7860DW for many years. It has worked great, replacement toners and drums cheap.

Anyone own a Brother MFCL2750DW monochrome all in one laser printer, and if so, what do you think of it? My HP Officejet All in One inkjet has caused periodic issues for a long time and I've contemplated dumping it several times, but sometimes it prints and other times it doesn't, so enough is enough. It is about 10 years old.

I have that model laser printer and it works great! I’ll highly recommend it. It’s easy to use, it’s fast, even when printing double sided, and has never jammed on us. The toner cartridge lasts a long time, but we’re not heavy users.

I have a Brother MFC-L2700DW, which is essentially the same thing., I think the 2750DW has a flat panel touch pad for the controls, whereas mine has the rubberized chiclet keypads.

I can say unequivocally that this is the best laser printer I've ever owned. I've had it for 8 years now and until recently, I've only replaced toner cartridges and drums. I don't remember ever having a paper jam. My recent problem with it was a squealing sound that occurred when paper was being pulled through during the printing process. I isolated the problem to a metal rod that rotates on the drum unit. I got some lock dry-lube spray and placed a very small amount on the steel rod. No more squealing sounds.

I run a lot of paper through this printer, just about every day. Including legal sized label stock that has four 4X6 labels on them. I use this label stock to print UCC-128 barcode shipping labels. This printing process requires a lot of toner. If I can figure out how to pull up the number of pieces of paper that has been run through it I'm sure I would be astonished.

[Edited to add: I just looked up the number of pages printed on my machine and it is 75,967!]

Previously, I used an HP LaserJet 1200 as my primary printer, which I got in 2001 (2002?). I've fixed quite a few things on this one, but it still works, it jams up now and again and it's slow.

You will be well served with the Brother printer. If you have any specific questions, just ask.

Last edited:
Agree that this is a great printer. We have had one for 6 years and only replaced the cartridge twice. No issues and it is wirelessly connected to all our devices seamlessly. A keeper!

I've had a Brother MFC-L3710CW since 2019 and it's been perfect. Haven't replaced anything yet except the paper in the paper tray. Perfect prints every time.

I've had the L2740DW and it's been very reliable. Occasionally, it loses the home internet connection so I have to do the setup again. Not sure why.

Thanks everyone for the endorsements, so will order one from Amazon.

L2550DW is relatively new to us. It was our first Brother model. It works fine for us. We use it lightly.

This one has LAN, WiFi, scanner, copier. Oh yeah, tt prints too!

I always use LAN connection for the home printers, and never lose connection.

I have the Brother L2390DW B&W laser printer. Bought it in 2019. I got so sick and tired of playing the ink cartridges game with HP, Canon & Epson.

By far the best printer I've ever purchased. Toner is very efficient and significantly cheaper when compared to the others with ink cartridges.

Last edited:
we have a Brother MFC8860DN...love it! i used to be an HP guy but now a confirmed Brother customer.

L2550DW is relatively new to us. It was our first Brother model. It works fine for us. We use it lightly.

This one has LAN, WiFi, scanner, copier. Oh yeah, tt prints too!

I always use LAN connection for the home printers, and never lose connection.

We have the same Brother L2550 laser both in Oregon and down south. Have had four. No complaints at all, particularly since we've bought them at yard sales several times for $5-$20.

The weak spot I note is the hinges on the flatbed scanner cover - have broken them on two different machines. We run aftermarket toner cartridges; ignore "toner getting low, replace toner" messages. We use them pretty hard between property deals and rentals and such.

I got the Brother L2395DW about a year ago & I'm very happy with it. Easy to set up, easy to use for printing & scanning.

We have the same Brother L2550 laser both in Oregon and down south. Have had four. No complaints at all, particularly since we've bought them at yard sales several times for $5-$20.

The weak spot I note is the hinges on the flatbed scanner cover - have broken them on two different machines. We run aftermarket toner cartridges; ignore "toner getting low, replace toner" messages. We use them pretty hard between property deals and rentals and such.
That is fantastic. I haven't been to a yard sale in many years. Ours is being used lightly. No faxing, no scanning, so the cover is rarely used.

I access the printer as a shared resource. I've been using her printer for a while, because my own is generating low toner messages. But now the Brother is sending low toner messages. It's quite funny to hear these low toner messages. I'm the kind of person who will wait until the printed sheet is all white.

I had a Brother MFC a few years ago. It worked fine till I bought some off-brand toner. I kept getting whiny messages from it that had been filled with off-brand toner but it continued to work- till it didn't. It turned out the print driver was missing. There was no download available on the site for that model anymore so the machine was useless.:mad:

I'm comfortable enough with tech that I KNOW I would not have removed a print driver. I am convinced that some process on Brother's end erased it. Planet Money had done an interesting podcast on the subject of what printer companies were doing to force people to buy their overpriced toners and this type of sabotage was one tactic.

No more Brother printers for me. I now have an HP, B&W only so I'm not constantly buying toner in various colors. The local library is available for the few times I want color printing.

I had a Brother MFC a few years ago. It worked fine till I bought some off-brand toner. I kept getting whiny messages from it that had been filled with off-brand toner but it continued to work- till it didn't. It turned out the print driver was missing. There was no download available on the site for that model anymore so the machine was useless.:mad:

I'm comfortable enough with tech that I KNOW I would not have removed a print driver. I am convinced that some process on Brother's end erased it. Planet Money had done an interesting podcast on the subject of what printer companies were doing to force people to buy their overpriced toners and this type of sabotage was one tactic.

No more Brother printers for me. I now have an HP, B&W only so I'm not constantly buying toner in various colors. The local library is available for the few times I want color printing.

Odd, there are so many satisfied Brother Printer users here (including me), this is surprising. I've bought 4 of the HL-2270DW Brother B&W lasers over the years, one for us, the others for family members - going back to 2010, 2011, 2013 and 2014. I've had no problem getting them up and running on new systems (Linux, Android, IOS).

But, just in case, I just DL'd everything they had for Linux from their site (it's probably on one of my backups anyhow). It goes up to Win 11.

https://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadlist.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=hl2270dw_all&os=10068

Maybe the Multi-function are not as well supported, and I was going to mention that I really prefer separates for that (but I don't scan a lot, and rarely ever fax, use a service when I do). I don't want to buy a new scanner AND printer just because one or the other went bad. And for me, it's easier to find shelf space for two smaller units than one large one.

-ERD50

That's really strange. I've had several Brothers printers over the decades. Used third party carts in each of them, never had any issues. My current MFC is probably 8 years old, maybe older. Using third party carts in it since the first refill. Have even updated my driver for it recently, no problem, but no idea how long ago or what model you had.

I have the 2700DW model. It is about 7 years old. Have used it a lot as I have worked from home the last few years. Most of my printing and copying is text. I have replaced the drum twice which is based on the amount of copies you make. The machine runs like a champ. Never had a problem. I have no real need for a color printer and the toner for this machine is much cheaper than ink refills all the time. I personally do not care for ink jet printers and would never own one. I have had Brother printers in the past and they were all ultra reliable.

But, just in case, I just DL'd everything they had for Linux from their site (it's probably on one of my backups anyhow). It goes up to Win 11.

https://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadlist.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=hl2270dw_all&os=10068

Maybe the Multi-function are not as well supported, and I was going to mention that I really prefer separates for that (but I don't scan a lot, and rarely ever fax, use a service when I do). I don't want to buy a new scanner AND printer just because one or the other went bad. And for me, it's easier to find shelf space for two smaller units than one large one.

-ERD50

I just looked at the link you provided and notice there is nothing for Mac OS Ventura 13.5. I am not sure how Brother stays current when Apple comes out with a new OS or update? Maybe its more on Apples end that matters, but would not want the printer to become a boat anchor due to OS update incompatibility.

I just looked at the link you provided and notice there is nothing for Mac OS Ventura 13.5. I am not sure how Brother stays current when Apple comes out with a new OS or update? Maybe its more on Apples end that matters, but would not want the printer to become a boat anchor due to OS update incompatibility.

Maybe the drivers didn't need updating? I dunno.

edit/add:
ooops, apparently not, but in that thread, someone said open source drivers may work.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253837329

I've had no problems with Linux, you'd think that would be the last thing they support, but I often find I can work with really old hardware.

-ERD50

Last edited:
My Brother printer uses a built-in part of the MacOS called AirPrint, so it's taken care of by the OS update. I imagine most are like this.

Maybe the drivers didn't need updating? I dunno.

edit/add:
ooops, apparently not, but in that thread, someone said open source drivers may work.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253837329

I've had no problems with Linux, you'd think that would be the last thing they support, but I often find I can work with really old hardware.

-ERD50

Not sure I would buy if the only option was to rely on whether open source would work.

My Brother printer uses a built-in part of the MacOS called AirPrint, so it's taken care of by the OS update. I imagine most are like this.

That is good as it does support AirPrint. Curious if other printer companies do not offer drivers for new OS updates.

Back
Top Bottom